Track IR

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Given the number of sims I now play, and looking at getting in to iRacing, I'm considering getting a TrackIR system to make looking around easier and cut down on the number of extra controls needed so just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and if they are worth getting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe I'm retarded, but can you explain the "looking" thing? I'm thinking about it. Say I wanted to look left, I'd turn my head left... but I'd have to keep my eyes directed at the screen? Wouldn't that actually make your vision far worse?

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm retarded, but can you explain the "looking" thing? I'm thinking about it. Say I wanted to look left, I'd turn my head left... but I'd have to keep my eyes directed at the screen? Wouldn't that actually make your vision far worse?
Pretty much seems to use micro movements, so if you want to look left you just turn your head a little bit, if you want to duck down while leaning forward and looking right (say to look about a b-pillar or at some gauges) you do the movements but just in small increments so you're still looking at your monitor but the view changes. Seems to be even easier if you run a 3 monitor setup.

something like this

the901

Molten Core Raider
If I had the money to burn, I'd get it for Aces High 2. Been curious about TrackIR for years now. Good stuff.

You now have me researching FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIR.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That three monitor racing sim setup is nerdy as fuck.

And I want it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Now that I've had time to test it let me just say, it is amazing if you're into any time of sim. Dirt3 with trackIR is also quite hilarious. Arma2/DCS World (A10) are just amazing with head tracking + Nvidia Surround.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Now that I've had time to test it let me just say, it is amazing if you're into any time of sim. Dirt3 with trackIR is also quite hilarious. Arma2/DCS World (A10) are just amazing with head tracking + Nvidia Surround.
Cool, thanks for that....always good to have someone that has spent time with something give feedback. Guess I'll grab one after I come back from the US and get ready for leave.