Tracy Morgan vs Wal Mart truck

Malcolm_sl

shitlord
I really like Morgan and his comedy and it was very sad to hear someone died and others seriously injured. I wish them all well and hope for the best.

iannis

Musty Nester
It brings me immense happiness to know TM is exactly like his character on 30 Rock.
In the few interviews I've seen about it, Tina Fey basically hired him to play himself. Just juiced up a little.

She worked with his insanity for years I guess, realized how genuinely funny it is, and realized that no one will ever be as good at writing a character like Tracy Morgan as Tracy is atbeinga character like Tracy Morgan.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Good for them.

I see this being a huge shit storm, as it rightly should be. I realize Walmart is just trying to lower their own damages, but still. Someone is dead and 2 people were severely hurt as a direct consequence to an action their driver 100% caused.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Good for them.

I see this being a huge shit storm, as it rightly should be. I realize Walmart is just trying to lower their own damages, but still. Someone is dead and 2 people were severely hurt as a direct consequence to an action their driver 100% caused.
Yeah, it's a huge fucking tragedy when friends die. But seriously, folks: Wear your goddamned seatbelts.

Morgan and company will argue they were stopped in traffic and seatbelts would not have mattered. They're probably right. But still...wear your goddamned seatbelts!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wear mine. Just saying, Walmart's in for a world of trouble. More so than before, I think. Maybe these comics will become more aggressive at suing them now. Hell, I don't know how much they're suing them as it already stands.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nobody wears seatbelts in a limobus or any other bus for that matter. Not that they shouldn't, but they just don't.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And in 99% of taxies. Reasoning? The belts are fucking disgusting from everyone else touching them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And in 99% of taxies. Reasoning? The belts are fucking disgusting from everyone else touching them.
Airplane seat belts are probably 10 years old if we're being generous probably 20 years old, and still forceably buckle up with those, granted not by choice, but i'm pretty sure the last time i skimmed DMV manual back seat belt wearing is a must?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. I don't either. So I'm definitely a fucking hypocrite. But I've also never had a friend sitting next to me turned into a pile of bloody goo. I hope that would change my mind.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't wear a belt on a limo. Pretty sure that's against limo rules.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
walmart might have denied this trucker works directly for them. goodbye big payday. i doubt the trucking company has walmart's deep pockets.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seatbelts on a limo are of dubious value anyways since everyone is seated sideways. Your body doesn't bend so great that way.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
walmart might have denied this trucker works directly for them. goodbye big payday. i doubt the trucking company has walmart's deep pockets.
That sounds like legal maneuvering, throw in some possible deniability and then drag it out a few years and see how the other side reacts (like maybe they will take a lesser amount now as opposed to a greater three years later). Also they can see how the injured recover. If Morgan pops out of bed next month and continues working then the loss of possible earnings is greatly diminished which I hope happens because hes a funny dude. But its all a legal game at this point.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Listen to big peonix on all things health, safety, and life, you be alright.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Airplane seat belts are probably 10 years old if we're being generous probably 20 years old, and still forceably buckle up with those, granted not by choice, but i'm pretty sure the last time i skimmed DMV manual back seat belt wearing is a must?
I haven't taken a driving test in a while, but it definitely was not required by law is either California or Texas when I took the tests there. Only front seat.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I haven't taken a driving test in a while, but it definitely was not required by law is either California or Texas when I took the tests there. Only front seat.
California all passengers must wear seatbelts at all times the engine is on. Even if you are parked.