Tracy Morgan vs Wal Mart truck

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didnt even know they had seatbelts in limos. i barely remember ever being in a limo because i always seem to be drunk as fuck whenever i am inside one. doesnt mean thats the correct way though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You guys are getting off the subject. They are in this condition only because the Walmart semi stuck their stopped limo while going around 65 mph. Seat belts would NOT have helped anyone. The limo was completely destroyed by the semi. You're acting like the media by focusing on all the little shit that didn't matter instead of the actual incident.

What did the driver have for breakfast? Did he get along with his parents? How about the comedians, did they ever donate to charity?

Oh, none of that is important either?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Seatbelts on a limo are of dubious value anyways since everyone is seated sideways. Your body doesn't bend so great that way.
Depends on what type of accident you're in. Rolling down an embankment, you'd be far better off wearing a seatbelt than not in pretty much any vehicle, so you don't get tossed. But a front/rear impact maybe not so much, although it would prevent people from pinballing around and injuring each other.

Xarpolis_sl said:
Oh, none of that is important either?
Have you never followed a lawsuit before or something? Walmart's lawyers are doing what they're paid to do: trying to minimize the eventual damages. It's pretty rare that something like this is all or nothing. And it's doubtful that Morgan and Co. are only suing Walmart. There's probably multiple counterparties or whatever the term is. And everyone will point fingers at everyone else in order to minimize their damages. Would seat belts have made much of a difference in this situation? Probably not. But if bringing them up means that Walmart's damages are reduced by 10-20%, then the lawyers did their jobs.

I don't get why anyone is surprised by this. It's typical legal wrangling.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I understand that it's typical legal wrangling, but it changes the point of this thread. You're focusing on seat belts. I realize the court will do the same after lawyers are involved, but you guys are as well. That's what I was pointing out.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand that it's typical legal wrangling, but it changes the point of this thread. You're focusing on seat belts. I realize the court will do the same after lawyers are involved, but you guys are as well. That's what I was pointing out.
Who gives a fuck? You think this thread is going to be used in court or something? It's a fucking messageboard thread in a forum about TV, not a supreme court hearing.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
They sure it is a brain injury? I like Tracy, but he is a pretty goofy dude to begin with. Unless he is all coherent and stuff, then that is frightening and I wish him a speedy recovery!

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Of course he has major brain injury. He has a pending lawsuit vs walmart. He doesn't spend his money wisely nor make a huge amount. So add it up. I am sure any of us would have major brain injury etc etc with a pending lawsuit vs walmart. Sure is he hurt? I be the is, but on the level they are talking about it's highly unlikely. The dude was was released 13 days afterwards . If he had major brain trauma, I highly doubt he would have left so soon.