Transcendence

spronk

FPS noob
damn every time you think this movie can't get any stupider it keeps reaching a new low

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone explain the ending to me. I either fell asleep for a bit or it took some huge jumps in the last 20 minutes.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I dug the ending since the asshole humans fucked themselves over when it turned out the AI was actually benevolent and trying to change the world for the better. Especially since every single human in the movie took a "shoot first, never ask questions" mentality towards AI in the first place.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I dug the ending since the asshole humans fucked themselves over when it turned out the AI was actually benevolent and trying to change the world for the better. Especially since every single human in the movie took a "shoot first, never ask questions" mentality towards AI in the first place.
to be fair, they probably realised that changing the world for the better would necessitate removing all humans!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Basically the ending sucked. If they wanted the tension to depend on what it means to be human after the singularity, they could NOT have done worse than a dumbass hollywood love thing.

On the other hand the producers could argue that if they took the concepts even higher than where the film already went, then they would've left even more of the audience behind---they had a monster cast in that movie (morgan freeman, paul bettany, depp etc) and a respectable budget and it barely even blipped.

Way more enjoyable than expected, though... just don't expect an ending that would escape Hollywood's gravity.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It was terrible. Full of AI creepiness tropes. Not plausible at all.

The AI was basically a complete moron walking into brick walls of "obviously bad" the entire film, and then we're supposed to sympathize with it when they pull some "saving the world" nonsense out of its ass at the very end.