Transcendence

spronk

FPS noob
dang, i was looking forward to this movie about the creation of the first AI but that was retarded, lawnmover man 2.0 indeed

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
dang, i was looking forward to this movie about the creation of the first AI but that was retarded, lawnmover man 2.0 indeed
Pretty much this. Substantially less interested after that trailer, and even more so after seeing it is Depp. At least he's not a bumbling drunk in this one, so I would have been ok with him most likely, but it looks dumb as fuck to boot.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I too thought this would be about the legendary exploits of the greatest vanilla wow guild of all time. This thread disappoints on so many levels!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Bleh that looks like a crappy depp vehicle which means they're pretty much required to dumb it down. ESPECIALLY the singularity stuff.

If only they'd take the budget of the whole movie and give it to the filmmaker who made THIS, instead.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i love johnny depp, but this looks horrible. you'd think depp would have enough zero's in his bank account to pass over these shitty scripts...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, I thought it looked pretty decent myself and I really like all the actors in it....but yeah I've been hearing awful things about it.

I'll still watch it though. I never planned to watch it in theaters even before the awful reviews of it came out.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Finally saw this via brrip... wasn't as terrible till it got to the end. The ending definitely felt like producers bullying the writers since it wasn't too horrible until the third act. Depp couldn't do skynet for shit, they shouldve switched it around and had his wife be skynet and Depp be the helpless lovestruck dumbass.

That Awareness short movie was definitely better.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think a moderately attractive dude would have a harder time not having sexy time with his digital wife as a woman would. Well, until she invented the sexbots and then game back on.