Transformers One (2024)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Transformers One (2024)

Genre: Animation, Science Fiction, Adventure, Action, Family

Director: Josh Cooley

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Keegan-Michael Key, Jon Hamm, Laurence Fishburne

Release: 2024-09-12

Plot: The story of how a young Optimus Prime and Megatron went from being brothers-in-arms to sworn enemies.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Curious as to who is playing who in that lineup. Assuming Hemsworth is Prime. That makes Bryan Tyree Henry (??) Megatron? But I keep hoping for a Laurence Fishburn Megatron

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You know... it's been a very long time since I saw an animated Transformers movie (it was the 80s the last time I did) so, I'm going to go see this in the theater and let my inner kid just enjoy it. Put the adulting aside for a couple hours and just go with the ride.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Thought it was going to be dark, as the origin of prime and megatron is some deep dark stuff... but this seems like the lulz and oh he be bad now, but he was good when his VA was black.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
More of this generation's endless talking. They cannot let a single second of any scene be silent and carried by either the emotional weight of the last line or any sort of physical acting/body language. Just talk talk talk joke on top of joke sarcasm.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

nu_11

The humor is pretty fucking bad

That black dude is unfunny as hell. Just STFU

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I can’t think of a single IP that relies more heavily on memberberries than Transformers. Outside of a few episodes/features of the original and MAYBE a couple Beast Wars episodes, the entire universe has been utter dogshit. People keep hoping that their nostalgia is going to somehow produce a Transformers experience that lives up to its potential, but the truth is, it almost never has, not even in the 80s. The core experience was always sitting in your room playing with the toys.

At this point the people still hanging on after all the bullshit are die hard weirdos who never learn. The studio will get their money from these people no matter what, so might as well retcon the whole thing to appeal to GenZ kids and extract more money from new customers.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I can’t think of a single IP that relies more heavily on memberberries than Transformers. Outside of a few episodes/features of the original and MAYBE a couple Beast Wars episodes, the entire universe has been utter dogshit. People keep hoping that their nostalgia is going to somehow produce a Transformers experience that lives up to its potential, but the truth is, it almost never has, not even in the 80s. The core experience was always sitting in your room playing with the toys.

At this point the people still hanging on after all the bullshit are die hard weirdos who never learn. The studio will get their money from these people no matter what, so might as well retcon the whole thing to appeal to GenZ kids and extract more money from new customers.
Gotta admit... Playing with my transformer toys were always better than the cartoon. My episodes the Transformers fucked people up. The fucking Ninja Turtles never stood a chance... I lost so many arms and legs of the turtles because the Autobots were ruthless. So many dismemberments...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Speak for yourself. As a kid I played with the toys and watched the cartoon and loved everything about it. Then I got to see the movie and was blown away. It was like watching adult transformers. There were serious stakes. Robots were getting killed, RIP Prime. Cursing was in the movie. You saw a whole planet murdering and enslaving robots. Rodimus was gay but overall that was an amazing movie as a kid.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Speak for yourself. As a kid I played with the toys and watched the cartoon and loved everything about it. Then I got to see the movie and was blown away. It was like watching adult transformers. There were serious stakes. Robots were getting killed, RIP Prime. Cursing was in the movie. You saw a whole planet murdering and enslaving robots. Rodimus was gay but overall that was an amazing movie as a kid.

The movie was great, the series overwhelmingly sucked. We were kids and had bad taste combined with low expectations.

A whole generation of men (myself included) has fed these assholes billions of dollars based on vague memories of their own imaginations.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The movie was great, the series overwhelmingly sucked. We were kids and had bad taste combined with low expectations.

A whole generation of men (myself included) has fed these assholes billions of dollars based on vague memories of their own imaginations.

I still watch the animated movie several times a year.

The funny thing is, I recently discovered my childhood memories of watching Transformers are distorted. Because the actual series had a very limited run on UK TV with early episodes only being shown as part of other kids TV programs. I did have several episodes on VHS but my memories of actually watching broadcast episodes are more vivid than the reality.

Those VHS episodes tended to be the "best" of the entire run - like Key to Vector Sigma and War Dawn, then Return of Optimus Prime, Dark Awakening etc

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database