Troll (2022)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Troll (2022)

Tagline: Mountains will move

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Roar Uthaug

Cast: Ine Marie Wilmann, Mads Sjøgård Pettersen, Gard B. Eidsvold, Kim S. Falck-Jørgensen, Pål Richard Lunderby, Pål Anders Nordvi, Eric Vorenholt, Hugo Mikal Skår, Veronica Sinclair

Release: 2022-12-01

Plot: Deep inside the mountain of Dovre, something gigantic awakens after being trapped for a thousand years. Destroying everything in its path, the creature is fast approaching the capital of Norway. But how do you stop something you thought only existed in Norwegian folklore?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It reminds me of that movie Trollhunter, which was pretty good if I recall.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trollhunter was so fucking hilarious to me for some reason. And this appears to be even more ridiculous.

His shitty fuckin suit of armor trying to take the blood sample from a troll had me in actual tears when this was in theaters years ago

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Trollhunter is fantastic. this however just looks like a bad Emmerich style disaster movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Trollhunter was so good. The perfect blend of fantasy and comedy.

When they were trapped in the cave with the sleeping trolls and they all started farting..... fucking lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
This is made by the dude who made The Wave which is also on Netflix. That was a really solid disaster flick that didn't feature retarded dialogue and was well thought out. I'd give this a shot cause why not based on his past work

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They really should have put the line “YOU BURN THE TROLL YOU PAY THE TOLL” in that preview somehow.

Goonsquad Officer
Isn't this literally an episode of metalocalypse?

• 1Solidarity

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Walking in the center of Oslo.

A nod / homage to this 1892 Norwegian artwork

troll-at-the-karl-johan-street-trollet-p-karl-johan-1892.jpg!Large.jpg

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Tropey as fuck and edited by someone with ADHD that couldn't let a take last longer than 2.4 seconds. It's like they watched a bunch of Hollywood blockbusters and said let's do that, but not as good.

Nothing you haven't seen 100 times before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It could have been a hell of a lot better but they definitely dropped the ball.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Looked like a huge amount of money had been spent on it.

Visually and CGI was all top notch. Sets, locations, military gear all great.

Then let down by an ending using a bunch of Wile E Coyote ideas.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is Godzilla without all the cool factor. Also you do not get any other monsters that complicate the situation. The characters were acted well enough but as always you have stupid moments like soldiers thinking their guns did jack shit to this thing. I give this a solid 4/10 just because the effects were pretty descent.

That being said, if you do not watch this movie, you are not really missing anything. Just look at the previews to get an idea of the effects.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
this should have been the first post on this thread.
iu
Some trivia, Trolls 2 legitimately frightened me as a kid

Mainly the scene where she chainsaws the guy she turned into a tree in half, not the actual chainsawing a tree, but the fact that he thought it tickled as his body was being cut down

and the scene where they turn people into vegetables and eat them as the trick ending with his mom going to take a shower

other honorable mentions

-Phantasm 2

-This one movie where the kid kills his family and props them up and covers them in gas to burn the house down at dinner, so the dad sees it when he gets home

-Some like NBC movie with this kid who takes an axe to his father and mother, after his older brother leaves the house, something about the family being very dysfunctional and the kids may have been adopted

-and this one scene that's still burned into my memory involving people with body parts that are detached and moving, that I still cannot figure the name of

TNT and USA showed whatever they wanted in the daytime

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, pretty boring movie overall. Best part of the movie was the "found footage" of him breaking free.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database