True Detective

spronk

FPS noob
great episode but still every time VV is on screen the episode grinds to a complete halt, mumbling motherfucker

antigone dumped the e-cigs for real cigs, guess they have more girth

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I actually thought VV was much better than last week and he didn't bother me this time.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really Cant decide on whos Birdman, Chesani's son was free all day but the lieutenant makes sense because the shotgun, riot rounds, height build

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
VV was better this week, but it just seems odd to spend so much time on the baby drama unless it all comes to a head and forces him to make a choice or choices at some point in relation to it. Otherwise story all started coming together, surprising that as the season goes on they tie threads together and you see what it was all about, kind of like a lot of people knew would happen eventually.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bezzerides is kind of awesome....she straight sed she likes big fat dicks. I mean... it was beautiful. Nevermind cuffing it, then sucking it etc.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am kind of assuming the choices VV makes in regards to adoption or children has some kind of parallel with Velcoro's.

Homsar

Everything is going to get tied together neatly, I think Set photographer is the white mask that looked similar to the one in the movie set and Lieutenant still trying to probe Ray about Casper and dixon would also explain the riot shells and not killing Ray. Lieutenant is probably working with the Russians and tipped of the mexicans, he was giving Ray a weird look before the leaving to the shootout

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am truly done with this show. You honestly think this episode turned it around?

Some of the worst dialogue I have heard in a while.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Good episode other than the "blue balls of the heart" line. Colin Farrell is knocking it out of the park.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was the best episode of this season which really isnt saying much. semen is still the worst, feels like they could have revealed some of this stuff earlier instead of bundling it up for the last half. it felt really forced that after two months everyone suddenly warmed up to velcoro. maybe they didnt like the mustache? oh and xevy. i know whats going, not everyone has an IQ as low as yours. the show is just boring, there is no chemistry between semen and his gf. their scenes are like dress rehearsals, i keep expecting them to be holding their sides while saying their lines.

so what was revealed this week? the land thats supposedly tainted isnt really tainted, nothing new there, semen hoodwinked ray, nothing new there as we know semen looks at him as nothing but a gofer or muscle, semen's gf cant have kids? really? blue diamonds is an interesting development. interesting because we discussed it two weeks ago. gaycop somehow obtained 20k while in afghanistan. slutmom spent it. some generic vatos want to work in semen's club, he tells them to leave. chickcop likes big cocks and she can follow birds to (casper's?) a place of death. sherlock getting his ass kicked for info was interesting.

i did like the whole time jump+ getting the band back together bit. where have i seen that before?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I am truly done with this show. You honestly think this episode turned it around?

Some of the worst dialogue I have heard in a while.
Dude, you've just got blue balls in your heart, man. Episode was grrreaaaaat! Didn't you enjoy all the scenes where they were confused about blatantly obvious things that took them 2 months to figure out? What about all the dialog explaining shit to each other and the viewers? It was awesome! They started talking about the things that were happening in the show that weren't actually happening, but are now being talked about happening! It's all coming together!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
With the amount of shit you've given out and received in this thread, there is a 0% chance of you changing your tune about this show no matter how good the remaining episodes end up being. Must suck to have put yourself in that position.

Homsar

Was blake actually doing anything shady? I mean isnt he supposed to be helping the Russian ? I thought there was more to Pitlor but hes just a giant pussy doctor it seems

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
With the amount of shit you've received in this thread, there is a 0% chance of you changing your tune about this show no matter how good the remaining episodes end up being. Must suck to have put yourself in that position.
I'm enjoying this show just fine. Some good scenes, but lost in a lot of poor implementation. Many of the best scenes are still lost in the fact they probably should have been in several episodes when the 'coincidences' were actually clues in a murder investigation and should have been followed up on.

Like the girl goes missing, I think she was a maid there or some shit?, lead investigator is presented a scrapbook of all the major players in a current investigation hanging out in the same commune years back, lead investigators ex partner looks into phone records, they match GPS coordinates from the murder victim...... and, phew, 2 months later let's start trying to put the mystery together!

Apparently despite the cops talking to the ex wife about Velcro beating that other kids father, that never went anywhere. We don't know why, and I guess it doesn't matter since the only reason it existed is for the 'You're bad' scene where the ex chews out Ray. Apparently he came up completely clean for no fucking reason at all.

Hey, remember those diamonds? It's been 2 months, maybe we should start wondering about them!

Hey, remember that stolen car that was bombed and the foot chase? Nope, neither do the detectives.

Hey, do you think the Mexican's really did it?! No. Nobody ever thought that but the 3 investigators that had a front row seat to see the most obvious thing in the fucking world.

Hey, remember that newspaper series about Vinci corruption? Glad beating a reporter caused them to pull the story and didn't arouse any suspicion at all.

Hey, remember Dixon? Boy was he incompetent... it's a good thing we trusted him completely with his CI tip and surveillance of a warehouse they sent us to with no intelligence at all prior! Hey, woah, do you think his surveilance was faulty? Shrug, who knows, give it another 2 months to puzzle out.

Show is very clearly rushed and needed more polish and more planning. Watching it feels more like sitting in the writers room where they're discussing things; yeah, this happens and this explains that and this leads to that, and then someone asks about how they're going to implement it and Nic says "what do you mean, just like that, have characters talk about shit and explain things later and as long as there's a rough storyboard people will get it." If they'd just taken more time to put it together in a logic fucking order, cut out all the bullshit gay building and barren wives and Frank shakedowns, and actually presented it with any level of coherence, it would be pretty good even with the shitty dialog and at times flat acting.

But really, did we need the time jump? What purpose did it serve other than us to think they've just been sitting around doing jack shit, oh, and avoiding having to explain how one of the biggest and deadliest shootouts lead to a simple closed case that apparently didn't garner any extra attention for some reason.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

So we now know all the calls from the mayors house to Casper were from Tony who was working with Casper and not the mayor. Who did Frank say moved to Oakland ?the cabin was with the same torture shit that happened to Casper.... Now im thinking Burress was working together with Tony

Also whys everyone fucking Paul over, feel bad for the guy