True Detective

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The majority of millennials have tattoos. If you want to be able to hire people, you have to allow tats or have a drastically shrunken pool to draw from these days.

thats fine. i already know the typical quality of a tattooed millennial employee

how many tats you got BrutulTM BrutulTM

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My buddy is a cop and military and hes got a lot of tattoos. Dont see why that would make anyone "unqualified".

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
My buddy is a cop and military and hes got a lot of tattoos. Dont see why that would make anyone "unqualified".

gang affiliations
poor decision making

mental health issues

poor long term planning skills

PDs will hire cops with tattoos but almost all of them require the tattoos to be covered up, meaning no neck, face or hand tattoos.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
gang affiliations
poor decision making

mental health issues

PDs will hire cops with tattoos but almost all of them require the tattoos to be covered up, meaning no neck, face or hand tattoos.
lol another dumb ass post to add to your resume.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I got in under the wire in GenX. No tats here.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't pay to be uncomfortable, so no tats.

I am uncomfortable enough on my own, thanks.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was loathed to watch the first eps, thought it'd be boring

naw, not bad, the jodie foster parts that is, this season is all on fosters shoulders, it'll sink if she doesn't give 150% cuz she has to carry that injun

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So its all directed and written by Issa Lopez, who while not well known here is a well respected director and writer in Mexico. She is basically a female Guillermo Del Toro (who is actually working with her on her next movie about werewolves). Check out Tigers are Not Afraid its real fucked but really damn good.

As for this

- Beautifully shot, even tho its endless night there is still a soft glow at times, which is accurate.
- I love Jodie Foster, she is always great, and is great here she can be a real bitch
- Supernatural tone is back and in spades. Yea it may not be "classic" true detective but I think they figured out without a McConaughey all timer performance it would be just what? Murder in the arctic? Changing it up is fun.
-Acting overall was very good
- I didnt love Navarro but im willing to keep an open mind. Keep in mind the actress was a professional boxer IRL (with titles) so yea she is ripped, but for what she was given she did well.

Looking forward to more, apparently Christopher Eccleston is in this too.
Tigers are not afraid is an excellent movie. I'm going to have to good look up this werewolf stuff as that's my jam.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No one gives a fuck about tatted cops if the show is good.

1705894773693.png
1705894832699.png

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Juvarisx

Florida
was not expecting this season to be the origin / extention story for the cult from season 1 lol. Also Travis is Rust's father yea? Survivalist in the middle of Alaska, probably got remarried to someone similar, etc. What a swerve. Also this episode amped the creepiness factor.

After episode 2, this season is more Twin Peaks then anything else. You can take that as a good thing or a bad thing.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
was not expecting this season to be the origin / extention story for the cult from season 1 lol. Also Travis is Rust's father yea? Survivalist in the middle of Alaska, probably got remarried to someone similar, etc. What a swerve. Also this episode amped the creepiness factor.

After episode 2, this season is more Twin Peaks then anything else. You can take that as a good thing or a bad thing.
Yea I had read this season had connections with S1. That was obvious after the first episode where they had the symbol on Annie's corpse.

I thought it was a good 2nd episode. The story is moving at a decent clip. Foster is really good and the rest of the acting isn't that bad.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After episode 2, it is safe to say that this is a very different show than the first three seasons. They aren't just implying the supernatural, they are leaning into it and showing it. Repeatedly.

I think HBO got sick of Pizzalotsa being up his own ass and trying to outsmart everyone with his big words and monologues, and instead handed the show over to someone that makes shlock for retarded people.

It is not great so far, but it is not bad either. It still has that HBO quality and there isn't anything else these days really worth watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All of this makes S4 sound more appealing, if they're gonna get rid of the "omg did it really happen or not? we'll let YOU decide" aspects and just decide what kind of story they want to tell instead.

Plus it sounds like a great excuse to rewatch S1. Tried S2 and fuck I don't think I can make it through. Are there S2 and S3 tie-ins yet or does it look like just S1 and S4?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I re-watched S1 recently and it totally holds up. I actually picked up on a lot of things I missed the first time through.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like