Trying to find an RPG

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I watched this YouTuber play this game a couple years ago and I can't remember what it was.

You had a party similar to Dragon Age. You level'd different characters and I think you had a party limit of something like 4. I remember there being alchemy and it pretty important. There were quite a few odd class names that you don't often see and/or were made up specifically for this game.

The graphics were modern and decent.

There was a main campaign.

The game came out around 2016? Or at least was in early release at that time.

It was solo and it was like a Diablo type game.

I remember there being a beach, and dungeons. I think you started out on a beach.

Anyone know what it might be?

Thanks!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't any Divinity game. I'm searching through my youtube watch history atm. This is going to drive me crazy. I also think it was a sequel.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What was control scheme for the game? Were the party members selected with dragging a mouse? Could you even control any other than the main character? Was there a main character?

Was it legend of grimrock 2 perhaps?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What was control scheme for the game? Were the party members selected with dragging a mouse? Could you even control any other than the main character? Was there a main character?

Was it legend of grimrock 2 perhaps?

That's it!!! Thank you :D

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Dragons Dogma.

It’s way better than Grimrock, play it instead.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I can't remember to turn the burner off, but I can remember 10 seconds of a stream showing a beach location in an RPG I've never played.

Fuck you, brain.

• 9Solidarity
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember to turn the burner off, but I can remember 10 seconds of a stream showing a beach location in an RPG I've never played.

Fuck you, brain.

Yeah dude, that's literally almost all I remembered as well. Did the beach location actually help you think of it too lol?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah dude, that's literally almost all I remembered as well. Did the beach location actually help you think of it too lol?

Yeah. I had played the first game and was surprised to see the sequel had outdoor sections, so I took notice of it before completely forgetting the game existed until it popped into my head with this post.

Caliane

Definitely The Abyss: Original sin.

also, wtf. grimrock 2 has like NOTHING to do with your description. Divinity:0S checks every box. Grimrock 2 checks.. beach?

Not comparable to Diablo at all. "like a diablo type game" That could be action rpg. or, isometric rpg, or loot pinata rpg, or procedural roguelike. so first, if you ever describe something as Diablo like, specific which of those elements you referring to. Also, grimrock has NONE of those..

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pillars 2 checks most of the boxes, but conflicts pretty heavily with 'a couple years ago'.

I still sorta feel like this was an Abyss style joke that you just bailed out of when you saw it was falling flat.

Chris

Potato del Grande
He's describing Divinity Original Sin but he's also a retard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users