Tulsa King

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
One of the best things about this show is all the times they call all of these things out: Stacey saying he looks like a "hard 55", his rant on the ride back from the weed farm about how much things have changed; the NY consigliere commenting that his crew is like the Village people; and so many more.
I'm enjoying it, the fish out of water moments are the best parts and I wish there were more of them. I actually kind of think they're under selling that part. Dude goes from never having seen a smartphone to effortlessly navigating everything on smartphone apps in like 1 episode.

Fun show, it works to let him just play himself more or less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Episode 8 is not the finality. It is interesting how if you go to google number of episodes, it does say 8 in a few places. It might have been 8 originally but it looks like it goes to 10 Episodes.

That being said, if it had been, that would have been a weak ass last episode.

This is the man who played Rocky and Rambo. The last episode better have some people dying.
It’s 10 episodes not 8.
Fake Edit: I thought today's/Yesterdays was episode 9 and the finale was Jan 8th.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Episode 9 definitely felt like the season finale, but some people are saying there's another episode? Guess we find out for certain next weekend.

Like I said in a previous post, you really have to just turn off your brain to watch this. So hackerman spends a few seconds to just steal 8 million dollars on demand. Whatever, I still enjoy watching this while reclined in my chair and playing a mobile game on my phone at the same time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really like this show. The season finale was good but damn the ending pissed me off haha. Apparently there is another episode coming next week per IMDB. Thank goodness.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know anything about horses. Women love them, right? Are all horse trainers hot? The young one he hired and that owner ladies ass in whatever those pants are...

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know anything about horses. Women love them, right? Are all horse trainers hot? The young one he hired and that owner ladies ass in whatever those pants are...
Cowgirls rock man. Moving from the west coast to the great plains and then Texas really unfucked my head. Cowboy up!

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Have fun, but don't shack up with any horse women. Horses are terrible creatures who will eat you out of house and home and then occasionally, just because they feel like it, put you in the emergency room. You think your girlfriend's 3 cats are annoying? Horses are a whole other level.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol, this show is way more enjoyable than I thought a show about Stallone being a Mafioso was going to be.

• 2Like

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>
this is so good. basically SS is channeling Rocky as gangaster. its basically awesome rocky tv series.

• 1Garbage

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Young one is Stallone's RL daughter.

The old one confused the shit out of me since she looks so much like Armand's wife and with Armand working on the ranch I didn't realize they were different people and was confused as shit when she and Stallone went out to dinner.

spronk

FPS noob
Binged through the series since my Paramount+ sub is expiring in a month. Enjoyed it, its not a "great" show but its fun to watch. Sly Stallone is the center, without him or a different lead it wouldn't work at all.

Only downside is the writing and acting, you can clearly see all the times they want to go from A to B in plot but all the in between stuff is amazing in Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc whereas here its pretty goofy. Most of the cast is mediocre, the bad guys are awful. The Sons of Anarchy leader is a joke. I like the actor who plays Mob Boss Jr (in the Shield etc) but doesn't really work here. Everyone is at first a normie but slowly they all turn out to be criminal masterminds or special forces, its bizarre.

Still worth a watch, especially if you are a Stallone fan. Short 9 episode run too. While the show was renewed for s2, the showrunner (Terence Winter from Boardwalk Empire and Sopranos) left near the end of s1 and the scripts haven't been written so it'll probably be 2-3 years sadly, assuming Sly even wants to go on at that point. I wouldn't be surprised instead if they do a spinoff show without Sly, and it fails miserably.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Binged through the series since my Paramount+ sub is expiring in a month. Enjoyed it, its not a "great" show but its fun to watch. Sly Stallone is the center, without him or a different lead it wouldn't work at all.

Only downside is the writing and acting, you can clearly see all the times they want to go from A to B in plot but all the in between stuff is amazing in Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc whereas here its pretty goofy. Most of the cast is mediocre, the bad guys are awful. The Sons of Anarchy leader is a joke. I like the actor who plays Mob Boss Jr (in the Shield etc) but doesn't really work here. Everyone is at first a normie but slowly they all turn out to be criminal masterminds or special forces, its bizarre.

Still worth a watch, especially if you are a Stallone fan. Short 9 episode run too. While the show was renewed for s2, the showrunner (Terence Winter from Boardwalk Empire and Sopranos) left near the end of s1 and the scripts haven't been written so it'll probably be 2-3 years sadly, assuming Sly even wants to go on at that point. I wouldn't be surprised instead if they do a spinoff show without Sly, and it fails miserably.
You don't think mob boss jr is Michael chiklis, do you?

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just got Paramount + and gave this a ride. Was enjoyable. I like that it allows Stallone to make fun of woke shit like the chick in the weed shop after he makes his first appearance there and takes out the guard with a mug.

• 2Like