Turks and Caicos

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Heading to T&C next month for a week or so - haven't had a real holiday in a while, and haven't spent much time in the caribbean. Went to Jamaica a few years ago and hated it... Going down to do some wall diving and to hang on the beach - anyone ever been? I have some pals that travel to the Virgin Islands, Aruba, Caymans etc regularly but none have been to T&C. Was looking at hotels and they all seem overpriced, so I think we'll go with Amanyara (have had great experiences with them in Asia/India etc so I assume this one will be excellent as well), but if anyone has any other (maybe cheaper ha) rec's I'd love to hear them.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bump my own thread - just back from TCI, and its a lovely place. Certainly better than Jamaica or the Bahamas or BVI, but more expensive. Ended up staying at the Gansevoort on Grace Bay and it was a great place and a fair bit cheaper than the Amanyara. Would recomment the islands, but after spending years on the islands in SE Asia, my advice would be to save more money and invest more time going there. Even the "shitty" islands in Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia blow any and all Caribbean islands out of the water and are a much better value.