Turo, the airbnb of Car Rentals

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet you this ends with insurance companies denying claims. You have turned your car into a commercial vehicle and that easily voids most general polices. Also I expect customers to get into an accident and sue the car owner blaming maintenance, without records and receipts you are gonna get thrashed in court. Anyone buying into this bad idea better get a few million dollars in general liability insurance.

Turo is the insurance provider unless you opt out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol really. Ask the people how it worked out when their airbnb guests trashed their place.

Spoiler alert:
They tell you to get fucked.

These companies do not care about you at all. You only exist as one thing to them: Revenue generator. The moment you turn into the opposite, they want you to just go away.

Do you know the first Rule of Acquisition? That is precisely the motto of this type of economy, be it uber, airbnb, food delivery on bikes and most likely this one.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Maybe for cars. For trucks everyone expects everyone they know that has a truck to loan it to them all the time for moving and other various things.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I do need to make a run to the dump.

two pickup loads, all it would take.

give ya fiddy for a few hours. What? Get yourself a nice dinner!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont like randos even touching the outside of my car. Whats next? An app to let dudes plow your wife when you arent banging her? Having insurance aint gonna do fuck all, your car gets totaled you always loose money. It doesnt get totaled you wish it did.
And dont forget, most insurance companies have questions related to use of the vehicle for commercial purposes. So lie on that and you may be out coverage or eating a big premium increase.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
app was worthless in ny, costs more to rent a car, and the bitches have to want to approve you? listen cunt, if i want your car, then i get your car, wtf is this approval shit.

• 1Potato

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe they don't want Asians driving their car.

• 1Worf

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I just got finished renting the last fucking Turo I could get last minute- a Nissan Leaf. Now I understand what it is like to be a libtard for a day and why they are so mad. It’s got to be stressful having your max distance be what my Dodge Ram 1500 hemi shows when it’s running near empty and planning your day / trips around charging, all while wondering whether you are significant or making an impact with the stress you are taking on as a result of your bad decisions.

Phew.

• 3Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've used this 3 times now because I don't trust rentals at the MPLS airport. It's worked out pretty well.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I recently rented a car to take to Missouri to deliver and setup some servers from Texas.

I got the insurance.

It lost half its front bumper to me slaloming some traffic cones on the highway and barely had an exhaust attached from me jumping the fucker on back roads somewhere in Oklahoma.

THIS is what you are inviting your car to go through.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Turos insurance is great from what a friend has told me. He has 6 luxury cars for rent in mpls, including a Tesla, A couple Porches and he says he has zero worries about it.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Turos insurance is great from what a friend has told me. He has 6 luxury cars for rent in mpls, including a Tesla, A couple Porches and he says he has zero worries about it.

I doubt they'd not fix the shit. Don't get me wrong. But if you give a fuck about your car getting ragged on hardcore despite if its fixed or not, its a consideration

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I recently rented a car to take to Missouri to deliver and setup some servers from Texas.

I got the insurance.

It lost half its front bumper to me slaloming some traffic cones on the highway and barely had an exhaust attached from me jumping the fucker on back roads somewhere in Oklahoma.

THIS is what you are inviting your car to go through.
sounds like a good way to learn how to drive manual.

as far as i searched, you can't rent a manual car aside from exotics, except for the rental places in Kansas City. (this is cuz this is where the testing is for budget/enterprise)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's nice, but you know how good an insurance is if you try to cash in a claim. Did he?

If he didn't, he knows fuck all about how good their insurance is.