TV show recommendation thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'll second the Thick of It recommendation. That was fucking great.

Just finished Banshee, that was thoroughly enjoyable, turn your brain off and have fun.

Gonna check out Luther I think, I hadn't heard anything about it. I tried Hannibal and just couldn't get into it.

spronk

FPS noob
Watch Black Sails if you haven't, pretty goddamn awesome pirates show. 2 seasons (10 episodes per) so far, next season won't air until spring 2016. Great show to binge watch, lots of nice titties and some pretty kick ass fights and naval battles. Its more or less Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag without the assassins parts. The music is by Bear McCreary, the guy who did the scores for Battlestar Galactica and its pretty awesome too.

Just binge watched through both seasons over the weekend to make up for how crappy Game of Thrones has been, probably going to catch up on Silicon Valley and Luther next

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
The Missing (UK) version, and Broadchurch are both excellent. My wife can barely sit through anything and was binge watching both of these.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't care much for Black Sails and I love pirate shit. I didn't watch season 2 though, maybe I should.

Sterling

El Presidente
Silicon Valley is the best show on TV currently. Black Sails isn't bad, but it's certainly not great either.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I really enjoyed Wolf Hall. It just finished it's first season on PBS. It's about Henry VIII's court, but it centers on a guy named Cromwell who did all the king's dirty work.

iannis

Musty Nester
I buried myself in the back yard. None of this means anything. So why don't you just come and watch some TV? Ok?

khorum

Murder Apologist
I really enjoyed Wolf Hall. It just finished it's first season on PBS. It's about Henry VIII's court, but it centers on a guy named Cromwell who did all the king's dirty work.
Yeah I enjoyed Wolf Hall more than Tudors, actually. Even though Cromwell was played by George Bush.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Little necro.

Throwing my hat in for The Americans & The Missing. The Americans is generally slow, but it picks up mid way through season 1. Season 2 is great, and season 3 was very good. Good all-around period piece. The Missing is a mini-series that was just renewed for a different story-season 2. Series really sticks with you, binge watched the fuck out of it.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Americans is definitely a good show to marathon through, there are bad episodes and actors but watched all at once they fade fast.

I just finished binging Luther, pretty good show but I wouldn't rank it top 10. Its a bit weird to watch as an American, it makes me feel all Brits are fucking pussies even though I know most aren't (lived in London for a time) but its just weird seeing a show where people rarely fight back and the bad guys usually are armed with fucking knives and bats. There is gonna be a 2 part "season 4" Luther late this year so its a good time to binge it.

Oh I watched Wolf Hall too, decent but I found it boring and slow paced. My wife loved it, I preferred Tudors cuz the women on it were fine as hell (Margary from GoT played Anne).

Gonna re-watch Spartacus (I never watched season 3 or the prequel, gonna rewatch it all) and Daredevil or The Flash next