Twin Peaks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kyle MacLachlan Set for Twin Peaks Revival, More Original Cast Expected

The actor appeared on stage during the cable network?s presentation at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, saying, ?I?m very excited to return to the strange and wonderful world of Twin Peaks.?

He then joked, ?May the forest be with you.?

Fans have been clamoring for the actor to join the project since news of its 9-episode order broke in October. The present-day continuation of the eerie ?90s series will be written by creators David Lynch and Mark Frost; Lynch will direct every installment.
rrr_img_87831.jpg

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dang Kyle looks old! It is so strange since he had such a youthful look in the 80s and 90s. Get some botox for those crows feet stat!

Szlia

Find a way to have Chris Isaak back please! Also Moira Kelly (Donna in Fire Walk With Me) > Lara Flynn Boyle (Donna in the show).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just ordered this Blu-Ray set today. Kind of forgot about it. Looking forward to it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah well Twin Peaks without Lynch is just not the same. Won't be surprised when actors start dropping out and Showtime just cancels this.

Really, how much must he have been asking for that Showtime would tank the entire project over this?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well, fuck. This sucks. I did hear a month or two ago there was some dispute over bluray money or something, was hoping it would have gotten worked out though.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Yeah well Twin Peaks without Lynch is just not the same. Won't be surprised when actors start dropping out and Showtime just cancels this.

Really, how much must he have been asking for that Showtime would tank the entire project over this?
To be clear, it's about how much money it will cost to film the scripts he and Frost have come up with, rather than his own personal fee. I doubt he will compromise over the amount of money he thinks it will take either

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
If he loves the series that much, he could always co-invest in the production(its not like he cant afford it). I doubt it will crash and burn since anyone born in the 70s-early 80s would throw money at their childhood nostalgia.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've read it's more about casting (old and new) and production money, like Showtime want a tight deal but Lynch is more like a "let's guest star anyone coming from Twin Peaks and don't bother me with putting an executive producer up my ass watching my every move" thing. It's David Lynch, I guess he wanted to have some control, and Showtime didn't feel like it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Really, I doubt Lynch is all that wealthy that he could afford anything like financing this. Even partial financing. More likely as Bondurant said it is really about control.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Really, I doubt Lynch is all that wealthy that he could afford anything like financing this. Even partial financing. More likely as Bondurant said it is really about control.
His net worth is $60 million according to a quick net search (cant guarantee it ofc), most expensive TV series run between $5 million (Boardwalk empire) and $10 million (Friends) per episode. I dont think he would have an issue with putting down some money to make it a reality if he felt strongly about it.

Considering that none of the actors from Twin Peaks are "super stars" I doubt it would run as much as Friends did per episode.

Szlia

From a money and (not so) recent history perspective, it's pretty difficult, as the accountant at a TV channel, to sign a blank check to David Lynch. He does not exactly scream "bankable" and since Mulholland Drive in 2001, he did a lot of odd stuff for his web site, a 3h long movie that was a beautiful mess (Inland Empire - 2006) and a documentary on transcendental meditation (Meditation, Creativity, Peace - 2013). There is a strong "this could turn out great, but might also turn out terrible for both the ratings and the critics" vibe going on, so they probably don't want to put a big price tag on a pile of uncertainty.