Twitch purchased by Amazon

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Stopping Google from taking over the world!

In reality Amazon probably sees this as a good way to market things. Streamers being able to incorporate links to products they use in an interesting way most likely. Plus they'll like promote Amazon payments for things like donations. Amazon has potential to make from it, aside from the fact that subs to twitch is like printing free money.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, good for them, I guess access to amazon CDN should solve most of the traffic issues twitch could ever have. Integrating Amazon so you can buy streamed games directly is also a logical step, especially if the streamer gets a cut.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I'm not exactly unhappy with my Google overlord but competition is competition. This makes me happy. I wonder if they can somehow make my prime sub more valuable.

Column_sl

shitlord
Im sure Twitch will be free LOL. Twitch already has a subscription for Turbo users that allows them to watch streams without ads, it would be great if that got rolled into prime.

This is way better then Google owning them imho.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Im sure Twitch will be free LOL. Twitch already has a subscription for Turbo users that allows them to watch streams without ads, it would be great if that got rolled into prime.

This is way better then Google owning them imho.
Hey bro I just got ad blocker and never sub'd shit was good enough for me, now amazon all up in my twitch gonna make me get amazon prime just for twitch, fuck those American Inventors.

Column_sl

shitlord
Haha, you can still use a blocker. Nobody is going to make you get prime.

People who run Twitch without the blocker are just helping the streamers.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon tends to let their purchases run themselves for the most part so I don't expect too much of a change.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually kind of excited about this compared to the Google announcement. Amazon certainly isn't aDon't Be Evilcompany depending on whose side you take on the Hachette issue and other questionable practices they've engaged in.... Plus they kind of make dumb decisions like some of the Kindle Fire HD stuff, Amazon App Store, Fire Phone, all kind of subjective I guess.

Most of the streamers already use Amazon Wishlists for stuff, tie in stream hardware or sponsor products for direct purchasing from Amazon, Amazon being available and familiar with purchasing and distribution in other countries (not that Google doesn't, but maybe a little different). Seems like a win-win really, but dependent on how they embrace this whole grassroots community.

Whatever happened with all that Google muting streams with copyrighted music, etc... Did I miss a big shift between that and this Amazon purchase, or was that all hyperbole and rumor?

sebur

Bronze Squire
I love that Amazon has such a huge server base that it can't be DDoS'd or at least easily anyway. That is pretty insane if you think about it. Would be great if they link it with twitch in some form or fashion so they can pull from that robust infrastructure when needed.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I'm actually kind of excited about this compared to the Google announcement. Amazon certainly isn't aDon't Be Evilcompany depending on whose side you take on the Hachette issue and other questionable practices they've engaged in.... Plus they kind of make dumb decisions like some of the Kindle Fire HD stuff, Amazon App Store, Fire Phone, all kind of subjective I guess.

Most of the streamers already use Amazon Wishlists for stuff, tie in stream hardware or sponsor products for direct purchasing from Amazon, Amazon being available and familiar with purchasing and distribution in other countries (not that Google doesn't, but maybe a little different). Seems like a win-win really, but dependent on how they embrace this whole grassroots community.

Whatever happened with all that Google muting streams with copyrighted music, etc... Did I miss a big shift between that and this Amazon purchase, or was that all hyperbole and rumor?
It was not google, twitch bought other products to help them mute vods with copyrighted audio, etc. Twitch got away with it when they were smaller, but now they are big enough that they need to reduce their liability to big lawsuits.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Was that Google or was that the recording industry bearing down on Twitch? Google did it for YouTube vids and gaming channels got wrecked for copyrighted soundtracks / regular music.