Twitch.tv

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That's also a problem with streaming, too easy to get into. Ego gets in the way and everyone not top .01% thinks they'll make it and even if you are top in your game, you still need to know how to entertain... and you still need to grind for years or get extremely lucky

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cool, are you going to white knight in and solve all his issues for him with a magic wand instead?

It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. You're being a selfish fuck if you want to control it for him.

I think about blowing my brains out at least once a month for being a miserable failure of a man, a human, and a lazy worthless piece of shit. Are you going to feel sorry for me, demand I don't have autonomy over my own fate and then solve all my issues for me (because I'm too fucky lazy to solve them)?

epic whoosh you dumb crybaby faggot.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Cool, are you going to white knight in and solve all his issues for him with a magic wand instead?

It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. You're being a selfish fuck if you want to control it for him.

I think about blowing my brains out at least once a month for being a miserable failure of a man, a human, and a lazy worthless piece of shit. Are you going to feel sorry for me, demand I don't have autonomy over my own fate and then solve all my issues for me (because I'm too fucky lazy to solve them)?
People that off themselves while leaving behind people that care about them are yes, selfish pieces of shit. Was he dying a slow death to brain cancer? No? Oh just got rejected on Twitter and couldn't take the shame. Now he's not only ended his life, he's ruined at least two others.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Yeah but as far as streaming is concerned, there's very little cost to failure.

For casual streaming, sure. But people banking on making it big are the equivalent of a wannabe actor moving to LA and waiting tables/not moving on with their life until their goal is reached or they give up.

Successful streamers bust their ass to get where they are and stay there. Just like actors/pro sports, they can become yesterday’s news in an instant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
epic whoosh you dumb crybaby faggot.

Nope, you said something fucking dumb as Beagle below is also saying. Go fuck yourself thinking you can tell others what they can and can't do with themselves.

People that off themselves while leaving behind people that care about them are yes, selfish pieces of shit. Was he dying a slow death to brain cancer? No? Oh just got rejected on Twitter and couldn't take the shame. Now he's not only ended his life, he's ruined at least two others.
It's still his ultimately his life and he has final say on what he does with it. You have no right to supersede his.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. I got to enjoy hearing a guy blow his brains in the can behind me in Iraq.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope, you said something fucking dumb as Beagle below is also saying. Go fuck yourself thinking you can tell others what they can and can't do with themselves.

It's still his ultimately his life and he has final say on what he does with it. You have no right to supersede his.

He's a selfish piece of shit and me calling him that, especially AFTER THE FACT, is not interfering with his free will.

You dumb crybaby faggot.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Would think to make a good living at streaming takes skill in the game(s), personality to draw people into the stream, enough business sense to get it all together and keep it together with all the deals coming and going. In other words, rare. Used to be a ton of young people wanted to be movie actors and such and make it big in hollywood. Most did not.

Lot more to it than I do well up against my friends after school I'll be a great streamer and play video games for a living.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
He's a selfish piece of shit and me calling him that, especially AFTER THE FACT, is not interfering with his free will.

You dumb crybaby faggot.
You called him a selfish piece of shit. There is very little inference here that you are against people having complete control over their own lives if your value judgement is to hate people who want to end their lives, regardless of the reason.

You're the mega faggot.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

I never said otherwise. I agree he has every right to be selfish. As do all of us.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is fucking depressing. Can we talk about why Dr Disrespect got banned again?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Would think to make a good living at streaming takes skill in the game(s), personality to draw people into the stream, enough business sense to get it all together and keep it together with all the deals coming and going. In other words, rare. Used to be a ton of young people wanted to be movie actors and such and make it big in hollywood. Most did not.

Lot more to it than I do well up against my friends after school I'll be a great streamer and play video games for a living.
All I'm saying is the barrier to entry is lower, the opportunity cost is pretty low, and you might learn something of value in the process. There's not a big harm in trying, as long as you don't make it the sole focus of your life through a large portion of your early productive years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is fucking depressing. Can we talk about why Dr Disrespect got banned again?
1593727349900.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It's been almost a week, and the reason he was banned hasn't leaked. Which is pretty surprising. It's going to be dumb whatever the reason is.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
What if your kid isn't a genius but great at video games? It only makes sense to look at what their skills lend themselves to (not that 99.99% of kids will ever be the number 1 at anything, but keep it relative), and what they're interested in. Kids look at professional athletes making good money and that might be a more attainable thing (to be a pro athlete) than becoming the next Elon Musk.

It's certain qualities and skills that make you great at video games, and they can mostly be applied to something more productive. Aspiring to be something where only the top 0.5% can make a living is not a good idea. They also can see people win the lottery and think playing the lottery will pay out, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Parents don't exist just to let kids do whatever they want.

gak

<Gold Donor>

He wasn't bipolar then ? I thought someone said he was...

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
People killing themselves is selfish, but so is expecting someone to constantly suffer with no hope of relief and living in misery just so you don't have to mourn their loss.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users