Twitch.tv

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if any of the D&D nerds here are unawares or not, but MoonMoon has been playing AI Dungeon 2, which is an AI generated text campaign that's designed to be "very complex". He's probably played 12 hours of it so far and it's pretty amazing that he can essentially forge his own narrative for hours and be entertained. The longer arc I watched him do the first night he started himself out as a man in Jacksonville Florida in court for killing some peoples kids while drunk driving which QUICKLY escalated to his attorney making him discipline to the Dark Lord, murdering the entire courtroom, and eventually led to MoonMoon as "Pickle Goku" fighting Vegeta who was disguised as Freza on Earth.

A wild, wild world guided by the imagination of one robot and one millionaire man-child. Pretty enjoyable.

I had it on in the background for an hour or so, and while entertaining, the AI seemed pretty retarded

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Twitch is fucked without music. I always left it on in the background for exactly music and a decent person. Now its just shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
What happened to the claim made by most here that music added nothing to a stream?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't Amazon have it's own streaming service (like Spotify, but shit)? I don't know how any of this shit works, but it seems like all this should eventually tie together kind of like how Twitch is slowly starting to roll out viewing parties from shows on Prime Video. May take a few years, but the foundation is there and it would be obviously mutually beneficial.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Wait.. wait.. you want the Music Industry to adopt a technology that users want to pay for, that would be mutually beneficial to both parties, and everyone would win by, instead of suing everything that moves, and living as if it's still the 80s? I love your optimism man! :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually avoid streamers with music because

a) they have no taste
b) I know how to make my computer play the music I want to listen to
c) video games are not the place to learn about new music
d) most streamers select their playlists in a way that they're almost indistinguishable from adult contemproary radio

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
instead of suing everything that moves, and living as if it's still the 80s?

Basically.

And when I called for copyright laws to be reduced down to, say, I dunno, twenty years...

2lxbif.jpg

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
the fun music and interplay with chat was a big part of watching esports for me, now that they mostly just play crappy dub step or electronic it's taken a huge part of the fun with chat.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
100% okay with royalty free lo-fi tracks in the background. I find most stream music distracting. Hope more studios come out and say that their music is okay to use like Bungie does.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I actually avoid streamers with music because

a) they have no taste
b) I know how to make my computer play the music I want to listen to
c) video games are not the place to learn about new music
d) most streamers select their playlists in a way that they're almost indistinguishable from adult contemproary radio

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just noticed that they shut down Mixer on July 22nd. Not sure why it never caught on, but the one time I went there organically (the last time) there was a hideous looking tran woman practicing reading to kids or doing makeup or something on the front page.