Twitch.tv

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Moonmoon has been doing some very entertaining Dark Souls 3 streams lately. Definately worth a watch.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think more streamers should branch out. It is crazy to many how many incredibly popular streamers I have literally never heard of. Never even blipped my radar and I go to Twitch everyday.

Sure, their numbers would dip when they jump from game to game, but they would also grow their audience more and more over time. Your audience is either going to be loyal to you or the game you are playing. So, if you float from game to game, you will slowly build a larger audience loyal to you.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think more streamers should branch out. It is crazy to many how many incredibly popular streamers I have literally never heard of. Never even blipped my radar and I go to Twitch everyday.

Sure, their numbers would dip when they jump from game to game, but they would also grow their audience more and more over time. Your audience is either going to be loyal to you or the game you are playing. So, if you float from game to game, you will slowly build a larger audience loyal to you.

This is pretty much how Cohh grew his base, which is also why I think I like him the most, variety.

spronk

FPS noob
i totally understand now how fortnite blew up so fast, been watching lirik doing random duo q's in fortnite and its been all 7-10 year old boys who are retarded as fuck

"all my friends play on their phone, but i have a $300 laptop which is built for fornite"
"do you know i'm a child"
"i've been playing for a month and always die in the first 30 seconds"
"i don't know how to build"
"the way to win is crouching all the time"

not a single one of them knew he was a streamer either which was kinda interesting

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I mean, all the kids went from minecraft directly to fortnite so it makes sense lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
i totally understand now how fortnite blew up so fast, been watching lirik doing random duo q's in fortnite and its been all 7-10 year old boys who are retarded as fuck

"all my friends play on their phone, but i have a $300 laptop which is built for fornite"
"do you know i'm a child"
"i've been playing for a month and always die in the first 30 seconds"
"i don't know how to build"
"the way to win is crouching all the time"

not a single one of them knew he was a streamer either which was kinda interesting

Literally just coming here to post this, I don't normally watch him when he plays fortnite but his random duo matches have been hilarious.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wait, what the fuck is that game? You build and fight at the same time?

Yeah, no surprise this is not for me.

Cybsled

Shroud and Summit1g are playing with Chandler Riggs in PUBG atm (Carl from Walking Dead). He is actually pretty decent and saved their ass last game lol

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shroud and Summit1g are playing with Chandler Riggs in PUBG atm (Carl from Walking Dead). He is actually pretty decent and saved their ass last game lol

I happened to be watching Summit last night, his chat had no idea who he was playing with... then all of a sudden TWD spoilers... I assume it was already aired stuff, but loads of people in chat weren't caught up with the show.
Chandler seemed like a pretty chill guy.

Jesus... Snoop, Drake, Coral! and Logan Paul, Twitch is only going to get more massive as these celebs (and logan paul) putting time on it.

• 1Salty

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
I happened to be watching Summit last night, his chat had no idea who he was playing with... then all of a sudden TWD spoilers... I assume it was already aired stuff, but loads of people in chat weren't caught up with the show.
Chandler seemed like a pretty chill guy.

Jesus... Snoop, Drake, Coral! and Logan Paul, Twitch is only going to get more massive as these celebs (and logan paul) putting time on it.

I think that's the next logical step in marketing these games. I wonder if Fortnite paid Drake to play their game and tweet about it, it's entirely possible. But based on the numbers Ninja got with Drake and I think Shroud was over 50k last night while playing with Chandler, it only makes sense. Imagine if you got Justin Bieber or someone to tweet out about your game and play on twitch.

I could even see the streamers themselves paying a celeb to play with them. "Hey (insert celebrity), I'll pay you 50k to play X game for three hours on twitch with me tonight, whaddaya think?" Based on the numbers Ninja had the other night he would make that 50k back and then some most likely that very night if not soon after from increased exposure etc.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think that's the next logical step in marketing these games. I wonder if Fortnite paid Drake to play their game and tweet about it, it's entirely possible. But based on the numbers Ninja got with Drake and I think Shroud was over 50k last night while playing with Chandler, it only makes sense. Imagine if you got Justin Bieber or someone to tweet out about your game and play on twitch.

I could even see the streamers themselves paying a celeb to play with them. "Hey (insert celebrity), I'll pay you 50k to play X game for three hours on twitch with me tonight, whaddaya think?" Based on the numbers Ninja had the other night he would make that 50k back and then some most likely that very night if not soon after from increased exposure etc.

I agree.

I think if Drake was paid to play that info would have come out by now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I believe twitch has rules stating that if it is a sponsored stream it has to be in the title or something.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Watching Shroud play Fortnite, tbh I think he's better than Ninja, he just doesn't play this 100% and nothing else.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I believe twitch has rules stating that if it is a sponsored stream it has to be in the title or something.

I was going to post this but was wondering, wasn't drake just playing with ninja on ninja's stream or did he also stream? Because if drake was paid, but only playing with another guy who took no money (lol got a billion subs though), I'm not sure it legally needs to be disclosed. It's actually a pretty crafty win win for a company to pull something like that, and it obviously worked like a charm for everyone involved.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Twitch does have rules where if the streamer is being paid for the stream by like a sponsor it has to say Ad in the title somewhere. So if Ninja got paid to play with him then it should have been in the title.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I think that being to be paid to play with someone falls outside of the sponsorship clause.