Twitch.tv

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
^ Isn't this the guy with like 10 viewers who thinks he and his friends define the service?

• 2Worf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
^ Isn't this the guy with like 10 viewers who thinks he and his friends define the service?
^ Isn't this the guy who doesn't stream and whose opinion is just as relevant as his bullshit retort?

Fuck off. I'm not just talking about me.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
So that raises the question, if viewership correlates to knowledge of the platform, how much do you and your friends with 10 really understand about it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ad wars seem to be back this morning. Using the ublock plugin and alternate twitch viewer and I've started getting the purple screen interrupts that tell me to fuck off. Getting them on TwitchLS too.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So that raises the question, if viewership correlates to knowledge of the platform, how much do you and your friends with 10 really understand about it?
Why are you assuming that all of my friends have 10 viewers?

Why are you assuming anything at all, in fact? Or are you one of those people who have nothing to do with the discussion, but can't stop themselves from opening their beaks with their irrelevant opinions? I bet you're great fun at parties.

I am friends with a number of partnered streamers who average 500-1k+ viewers daily. That's where I get my information about how things are working at Twitch. If you know better, that's great, enlighten me, because I'd like to know. If not, I'll assume that they know better than either of us. They may not be Ninja, Shroud or whoever else, but they are partnered, and they know things that I don't.

Seriously, why do people always have to chime in? If you don't know anything, just shut your gob.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The ad wars seem to be back this morning. Using the ublock plugin and alternate twitch viewer and I've started getting the purple screen interrupts that tell me to fuck off. Getting them on TwitchLS too.
I've been seeing this in particular situations only. It's really weird. I'll get ads, predictably, for certain streamers (even though I'm subbed), and not for others.

It almost makes me think that they're tweaking ads as a staged rollout, like they do with most "new features".

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seeing the purple warning screen now with the extension, but it still blocks the actual ad at least.

edit: Latest UBO dev build might nix the preroll purple.

Last edited:

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Why are you assuming that all of my friends have 10 viewers?

Why are you assuming anything at all, in fact? Or are you one of those people who have nothing to do with the discussion, but can't stop themselves from opening their beaks with their irrelevant opinions? I bet you're great fun at parties.

I am friends with a number of partnered streamers who average 500-1k+ viewers daily. That's where I get my information about how things are working at Twitch. If you know better, that's great, enlighten me, because I'd like to know. If not, I'll assume that they know better than either of us. They may not be Ninja, Shroud or whoever else, but they are partnered, and they know things that I don't.
In other words, no one who's making a real living at it, unlike the people propping it up that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Twitch ad revenue has significantly underperformed projections over the past several years that commerce revenue like subs is bringing in more money at this point, which is surely not what Amazon had in mind. What's happening at Twitch now, from the woke nonsense to the DMCA shit, is either a part of or a pushback against Amazon's larger efforts to position Twitch as a major marketing arm of the company.

So you got any more hot insider takes for us poor schlubs left out in the cold?
Seriously, why do people always have to chime in? If you don't know anything, just shut your gob.
This is the sentiment I'd expect from the average internet forum mod who's also a retard that thinks Biden legitimately won the election.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A useless, uninformed opinion, but Twitch/Amazon will rollout a music licensing program for streamers at the cost of running lots of ads.

• 1Faggotry

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They would only roll out a music licensing program if it made financial sense which I doubt makes any sense at this point or ever will

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They would only roll out a music licensing program if it made financial sense which I doubt makes any sense at this point or ever will
Im sure eventually there will be a similar agreement to what radio stations have when it comes to paying to play music during streams.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see the industry giving them a license that provides a blanket commercial license to streamers as if it would be the same as a single radio station. Working out a deal when you need to be able to have a license the smaller but profitable streamers could afford doesn't seem to be even remotely possible. I would also expect any such deal Twitch could get would require streamers to have it or suffer extreme penalties for not having it and breaking the rules on that. Like 1 and done.

I'd be interested to hear from the big streamers and if they have attempted to get a commercial license for themselves and how that went.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is the sentiment I'd expect from the average internet forum mod who's also a retard that thinks Biden legitimately won the election.
You are literally not worth anyone's time. Good day.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd be interested to hear from the big streamers and if they have attempted to get a commercial license for themselves and how that went.
So far as I've been told, there is no way for them to do so. The labels don't care to talk to any individual as they're hyper-focused on the entire platform being a potential legal cash cow.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Here's what the record labels are banking on:

The individual streamers won't (directly) be paying for copyrights. But Twitch will cater to their demands.

Rather than negotiate with Twitch in good faith, they've chosen to incite fear and risk a riot of the content creators.

End of the day, everyone except Jeff Bezos will be happy because this hurts his profit margins.

Quoting this from 6 months ago. Situation now seems more dire as both sides consider the nuclear option.

Twitch's content creators don't care. They're still largely playing music from the top 40. Some of them have made their VODs harder to locate. Streamers have failed to both change their behavior and motivate Twitch into finalizing negotiations.

Twitch continues to show their lack of willingness to get a deal done. Obviously prepared to throw their creators under the rug. Amazon faces growing liability.

Record labels still calculating live DMCA takedowns, massive lawsuits against individual Twitch streamers for billions of damages, and the motherland lawsuit against Twitch itself for harboring illegal activity.

No party here is doing the right thing and everyone continues being unreasonable.

• 1Worf

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure what is going on with Twitch. For awhile now I wasn't able to block ads on Twitch, I removed the add-on and reinstalled browsers etc, nothing worked, still ads. Today I decided to reinstall windows ( something I do every couple of months, to keep my PC running smooth ) and uBlock works perfectly fine for me after reinstalling windows.
Either its just a coincidence or something weird is going on here.

• 1WTF

Needless

Toe Sucker
he was fired in august or september or some shit
twitch is just a joke and it takes them 4 months to do damage control because they're complete morons

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
he was fired in august or september or some shit
twitch is just a joke and it takes them 4 months to do damage control because they're complete morons
Why bother with damage control when your service has no real competition?

• 1Like