Twitch.tv

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
And... What? You want me to congratulate you, because you in to recite the law?

Do you think that makes you special? Do you want a cookie, you fuckin' mook?
What? The hell is wrong with your head?

A few people have asked "is this just for you people with 5 to 10 viewers". I present a guy who is not only a multi-thousand viewer streamer, but the frontman of a band, and I get "lol you want to recite the law".

Fuck off, seriously.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
That was very interesting and informative, seriously. 1500 spins for one song regardless how many people watched those streams is actually very generous.

And wow, did not know Matt Heafy is a streamer, I love Trivium.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
That was very interesting and informative, seriously. 1500 spins for one song regardless how many people watched those streams is actually very generous.

And wow, did not know Matt Heafy is a streamer, I love Trivium.
Ive played warzone with him a few times, hes a cool guy

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Since they nuked VODs and the ad infestation shit I've watched less than 1 hr of twitch a week. GG amazon. Can't wait til that monopoly is broken up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
streaming 465 hours over 13 months = average 7 viewers, affiliate, $25 payout but Twitch doesn't give a payout unless you hit $100

just some numbers I just learned about one person.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Since they nuked VODs and the ad infestation shit I've watched less than 1 hr of twitch a week. GG amazon. Can't wait til that monopoly is broken up
I normally cast streams to whatever tv im near and its always 0 ads. If im at the computer its only ads at the start when I click on different people

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I ended up watching some of that Codemiko chick. I like her whole concept, especially since she's the one doing all the animation and tech work on her avatar. Her stuff is more interesting than just watching bubble brained thots.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Heh, I always love that the people who are judging streamers so harshly are probably Boomers anyway.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I'm pretty sure the "get a real job lul" people could never handle playing the same game 5+ days a week for 8 hours a day while being backseated and shit talked the whole time for the same amount of money they're currently making working 90 minutes on an 8 hour day in a cubicle browsing FoH talking about how streamers need to get a real job.

People have 0 clue how much different it is doing anything with a camera on you the entire time.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Yeah I'm pretty sure the "get a real job lul" people could never handle playing the same game 5+ days a week for 8 hours a day while being backseated and shit talked the whole time for the same amount of money they're currently making working 90 minutes on an 8 hour day in a cubicle browsing FoH talking about how streamers need to get a real job.

People have 0 clue how much different it is doing anything with a camera on you the entire time.
You love my hints and tricks and explaining how you messed up!!

Xevy

Log Wizard
You love my hints and tricks and explaining how you messed up!!
TBH at the low levels, almost any interaction is enjoyable. I mean even when people come in and go "FUCK YOU! YOU SUCK YOU FAT SHIT" it's at least nice to have some one talk to you :).

At like 5,000+ people all going "LUL BLIND YOU LEFT A BANDAGE" every 2 minutes probably less enjoyable.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I agree that being a streamer that "works" for 8 hours a day and doesn't get paid because they have no viewers would be a very difficult "job"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
People who walk around in public livestreaming belong on a cross.
Meh. It's not my thing, so I don't watch it. I don't do it either. Can't say I really get it, but it isn't harming me, so who cares?

I agree that being a streamer that "works" for 8 hours a day and doesn't get paid because they have no viewers would be a very difficult "job"
You're really angry at streamers in general. Why is this? Did a streamer touch you on your no-no spot, or do you just wish they would?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is dumb, there are a ton of people that don't consider small time entertainment a real job. Open mic nights, grinding the clubs, and free gig players have been told to get a real job since the 50s. Plus, it is a fucking homeless person so I hope the irony is not lost on all of you defending streaming.

• 2Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
TBH at the low levels, almost any interaction is enjoyable. I mean even when people come in and go "FUCK YOU! YOU SUCK YOU FAT SHIT" it's at least nice to have some one talk to you :).

At like 5,000+ people all going "LUL BLIND YOU LEFT A BANDAGE" every 2 minutes probably less enjoyable.
It takes some degree of patience and training yourself to ignore people like that. In the larger channels I'm in, the streamers have their mods deal with shit like that when it becomes necessary, and they kinda just keep their hands off of it, because if they give those people any credence at all, it just drags them down to the trolls' level.

Honestly, though, ignoring them is easier at that point. Chat moves so fast that it doesn't really matter what any troll says unless it's really personal, at which point, that's why you need mods.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some of you guys might remember Chiba. well he got stuck on the toilet 🚽 live and couldn’t move because his bathroom door swung open live in front of the camera. He was afraid of a ban so he sat on the toilet for 3 hours talking until the internet was cut off.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Plus, it is a fucking homeless person so I hope the irony is not lost on all of you defending streaming.
It's probably a plant. There are no coincidences in streaming. The harder people try to inject drama, the more likely it's just some friend of theirs fucking with the chat.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Some of you guys might remember Chiba. well he got stuck on the toilet 🚽 live and couldn’t move because his bathroom door swung open live in front of the camera. He was afraid of a ban so he sat on the toilet for 3 hours talking until the internet was cut off.
This is why people need to think about controlling their shit remotely. In this case, literally controlling their shit, perhaps.