Twitch.tv

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Meh. It's not my thing, so I don't watch it. I don't do it either. Can't say I really get it, but it isn't harming me, so who cares?
Call me crazy but I think its a pretty shitty world to live in to wonder if some no lifer is secretly broadcasting your every action to the entire internet so random basement dweller autists can laugh at you because forming normal human bonds is beyond them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You're really angry at streamers in general. Why is this? Did a streamer touch you on your no-no spot, or do you just wish they would?

Look at xevy's post. That's what touched my no-no. It's pathetic.

You and xevy somewhat remind me of the twitch reddit. A bunch of no viewer streamers giving each other advice and talking about how hard streamer life is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

You and xevy somewhat remind me of the twitch reddit. A bunch of no viewer streamers giving each other advice and talking about how hard streamer life is.
Joke's on you! I'm not a professional. I just play video games a lot and also earn small amounts of money doing it. Sorry for melting you, snowflake.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Joke's on you! I'm not a professional. I just play video games a lot and also earn small amounts of money doing it. Sorry for melting you, snowflake.

doesn't make your post any less pathetic

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
The best part is people like Saltroy think that streamers and wanna-be streamers and whatever haven't had "real" jobs. Like, how fucking removed from reality are you? Unless you're some 17 year old FaZe kid, most people probably worked retail, office, or manual labor before streaming. I spent 11 hour days chainsawing trees in fucking landing zones in freezing weather or excavating trails in 100+ degree weather. That shit was hard, but a different hard than sitting there day in, day out, having people stare at your every move while you play games that can mentally wear you down while also having people slowly wear you down with exposure to their ignorance and idiocy.

But yeah, I don't know what "real job" is. I was born into a DX Racer chair and bred for the spotlight that is gaming in front of 1-3 people who may or may not just have my tab muted and minimized anyways.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Call me crazy but I think its a pretty shitty world to live in to wonder if some no lifer is secretly broadcasting your every action to the entire internet so random basement dweller autists can laugh at you because forming normal human bonds is beyond them.
Wasn't there a movie about this? Oh, wait.

1609194574345.png

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

You need better reading habits if you actually read that subreddit. You don't stream and say that you don't care. What the hell are you even doing in there? haha.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don’t know if I’d call streaming challenging personally but it can be pretty taxing. Like Xevy said, doing anything is a lot different if it’s on camera. Streaming to 1-5 people is a lot more awkward than streaming to 50-100 people too.

• 1Truth!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, being the only entertainment for like 5 people different than when there's other people in chat interacting with each other. When you've got low numbers you have to do the constant-narration thing that some people excel at like Bobby did whereas with less people you can just do stuff and then comment to stuff worth commenting on. Some games like EQ are really weird because you can constantly talk with your chat no matter if it's 5 people or 150 people, but FPS it can be rough trying to not die and keep a conversation about why the Wendy's chicken sandwich is worse than Burger King's.

Cybsled

People are focusing too much on a single aspect of streaming: the actual streaming.

There is a lot more that goes into making it a career besides pressing “start streaming”

-Raise awareness on other platforms to drive viewers (YouTube, Twitter, IG, etc)
-Work on relationships with other streamers (cross promote) and publishers
-developing content and examining trends to push more viewership and marketability

If you get good income, then you can outsource some of that, but for most people they are basically trying to promote themselves until they get to a point where it makes financial sense to have an agency handle stuff and said agency wants to represent them.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are focusing too much on a single aspect of streaming: the actual streaming.

There is a lot more that goes into making it a career besides pressing “start streaming”

-Raise awareness on other platforms to drive viewers (YouTube, Twitter, IG, etc)
-Work on relationships with other streamers (cross promote) and publishers
-developing content and examining trends to push more viewership and marketability

If you get good income, then you can outsource some of that, but for most people they are basically trying to promote themselves until they get to a point where it makes financial sense to have an agency handle stuff and said agency wants to represent them.

So basically you could work a real job and save up enough money to pay an agency to promote you as you start streaming?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you even know the guy was homeless? Most of our 100% home office developers looked like that three months into the Coronathing.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well fuck I was going to stream some food reviews but some of my bros will hate on me.

Maybe my new Vegas video will take off for some cash

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
How do you even know the guy was homeless? Most of our 100% home office developers looked like that three months into the Coronathing.
Jack Dorrsey (twitter incase i dodnt spell it correctly) was infront of the senate and looked the same! Lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well fuck I was going to stream some food reviews but some of my bros will hate on me.

Maybe my new Vegas video will take off for some cash

Only if you do it bigly in one seating. I wanna see you put down 20 nuggets, 4 Chik Fil A sandwiches, 2 large fries, and a chocolate shake. No pussy.