Twitch.tv

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only if you do it bigly in one seating. I wanna see you put down 20 nuggets, 4 Chik Fil A sandwiches, 2 large fries, and a chocolate shake. No pussy.
Food reviews not food slut

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
People are focusing too much on a single aspect of streaming: the actual streaming.

There is a lot more that goes into making it a career besides pressing “start streaming”

-Raise awareness on other platforms to drive viewers (YouTube, Twitter, IG, etc)
-Work on relationships with other streamers (cross promote) and publishers
-developing content and examining trends to push more viewership and marketability

If you get good income, then you can outsource some of that, but for most people they are basically trying to promote themselves until they get to a point where it makes financial sense to have an agency handle stuff and said agency wants to represent them.

Sounds like the streaming industry just needs a goblin-esque gatekeeper deciding who gets the popular streams based in how many times they watched him crank it in a bathrobe.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like the streaming industry just needs a goblin-esque gatekeeper deciding who gets the popular streams based in how many times they watched him crank it in a bathrobe.
Ik94SP9.png

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
stoned smoke GIF

What if it isn't really the music industry driving these dmca take downs but youtube in an effort that will lead to them being allowed to stop youtube videos from being played on other formats without forms of expressed permission or even possibly allowing them to charge a rebroadcasting fee in some cases.

How many music labels does Alphabet, through it's pyramid of subsidiaries, own?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Haha. When I heard about the private streamer server for Rust I knew that shit would be like AIDS to their community. I guess like Pokimane rage quit because of getting killed and losing all her shit. XQC has apparently started a bunch of shit since him and his group went balls out and have all the gear and shit over everyone else. They had to threaten to shut down the server if they didn't stop griefing/stream sniping.

Cybsled

Goblin was XQC

edit: Wtf, there are 1.2M people watching people play Rust on Twitch right now

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Rust has never been an entertaining game to watch IMHO. Did someone spray out some $ to streamers to play their game?

• 2Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'd imagine it is something that is twitch rival equivalent. It's just a game that works better than other survival games to put a bunch of big streamers on for a short period of time(among us/streamer house trend? Or gta rp). I don't play, but from my friend who does. Some servers reset in either a week or a month, people get maxed out really quickly and is more raid friendly than the other ones. It's just more arcade than abunch of the other ones. I've watched a couple raids/plays since AquaFPS and Pestily have played it a few times.

But fuck if I know, the only rust vids I ever cared about is Daniel from SL.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rust has never been an entertaining game to watch IMHO. Did someone spray out some $ to streamers to play their game?
Rust is one of the few games I ever did watch YT vids for. It can be entertaining depending on what you watch tho as well. I got into it because of VertiigoGaming. He had some pretty funny stuff. Also there are some pretty good channels of people doing trap bases and just base building. I don't have the patience at my age to play Rust though. My blood pressure would just go through the roof.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was watching Shroud when they started and it looked good, but it looks like it ramps up from axes to bows to shitty shotguns to shitty rifles to eventual god tier guns and rockets and helicopters and shit. That kinda kills it a bit for me with that much disparity between starting and the high end. I liked H1 Survival's original axe---bow---pistol---shotgun---rifle---okay AR. Like if they had an AR the only thing they had was more bullets in a clip than you. Same caliber and damage, just more of it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was watching Shroud when they started and it looked good, but it looks like it ramps up from axes to bows to shitty shotguns to shitty rifles to eventual god tier guns and rockets and helicopters and shit. That kinda kills it a bit for me with that much disparity between starting and the high end. I liked H1 Survival's original axe---bow---pistol---shotgun---rifle---okay AR. Like if they had an AR the only thing they had was more bullets in a clip than you. Same caliber and damage, just more of it.
The whole game is a rush to get to the better weapons. That comes down to grinding and luck when opening crates and shit in game. Once you get an item you can then research it and get the blueprint for it. Then you can craft it yourself. The game is way more enjoyable on set solo/duo servers than ones where they have huge clans and shit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The whole game is a rush to get to the better weapons. That comes down to grinding and luck when opening crates and shit in game. Once you get an item you can then research it and get the blueprint for it. Then you can craft it yourself. The game is way more enjoyable on set solo/duo servers than ones where they have huge clans and shit.
This. I played the absolute hell out of Rust back in 2014 when it first came out. Thanks to having no life and only going to school I was able to rack up 500 or so hours in just a few months.

The rush from being on a populated server just as it started was something else. The amount of griefing, backstabbing, teamwork that went on was something else. I fondly remember starting off next to these hostile assholes who tried griefing my group. It was very early so no one had c4 to really raid so the hostile assholes thought they where safe inside their little jack shack they built next to ours. Well they log off so my friend and I spend the next few hours gathering mats to make a few dozen grenades. It took about 10 or so to blow up a wall so you could raid with them it was just a huge pita. Well we make our over to their jack shack and proceed to scale it then blow it open. Get inside, kill everyone and of course take their meager supplies.

Having no life I was on the next day when one of them logged in. Right away the guy starts bitching about how horrible the game is and how its stupid you can raid so fast. He left and never came back, rip cubanspecialforces.

• 2Solidarity

fris

Vyemm Raider
Base defending in Rust has to be the most fun in game ive ever had. Once in legacy, just after it moved from browser, me and my friend defended vs 5 or 6 guys. I jumped out behind and walled them in. This was way before ladders, so they were trapped. Some used their c4 to blow out, other group died by our guns. So much fun, intense, and crazy trash talk.

Its still a stupid platform for some RP shit