Twitch.tv

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This is apparently what got her banned.

Twitch is ran by morons.

So...she has a penis nose that constantly pees or jizzes and...people are shocked she got banned?

I mean in the scope of "Things I've seen on Twitch" it's not that bad but it's still against their TOS. People have 100% been banned for dumber and less TOS-breaky things.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also when the fuck did banned equal suspension? It's a fucking suspension for a day. Not a ban. Ban means permanent.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also when the fuck did banned equal suspension? It's a fucking suspension for a day. Not a ban. Ban means permanent.

Ban doesn't mean permanent. Suspend and ban mean the same thing in this context.

Not that I give a shit. Just felt like out grammar policing you today!

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can everyone just stop watching these fucking morons so we can see the impending homelessness?
On the scale of 'signs of the accelerating decay of Western civilization' vtubers are barely even a blip, especially compared to how prostitution is becoming a mainstream acceptable hobby/profession.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ban doesn't mean permanent. Suspend and ban mean the same thing in this context.

Not that I give a shit. Just felt like out grammar policing you today!
Ban literally means to prohibit by legal means. The word "suspend" does not come up in the definition.

The city has banned smoking in all public buildings.
The drug was banned a decade ago.
The use of cell phones is banned in the restaurant.

IMO its a stupid way to use the term "ban" when you really suspending someone for a given time. Why not just say suspend? Why pervert yet another English word to mean something that it doesn't?

• 1Truth!

Khane

It's being used correctly. I agree it's stupid. But it's more stupid because "lol a day? Why is that even a timeframe involved in proceedings like this."

But as for ban. Just to add to your examples.

"There is a temporary parking ban in place due to impending inclement weather"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's being used correctly. I agree it's stupid. But it's more stupid because "lol a day? Why is that even a timeframe involved in proceedings like this."

But as for ban. Just to add to your examples.

"There is a temporary parking ban in place due to impending inclement weather"
The key word there being temporary. Of course its going to be a temporary ban when you have the word temp in there, lol. So why not just call this twitch or twitter ban a temporary ban or a suspension which makes more sense. No, they call it a ban, which to me and my understanding of the word BAN is either a long term or perma.

Like think back to your school days...You were suspended if you fucked up, not banned, lol. I just think they are using the wrong word for what they are actually doing for punishing these people.

Anyway lets just agree to disagree here. I think I just have a different understanding of what the word ban is than you do.

Last edited:

Khane

I think I'm done with this little trip into grammar nazi land. I don't have the patience to keep giving examples and be as pedantic as necessary to really drive the points home!

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think I'm done with this little trip into grammar nazi land. I don't have the patience to keep giving examples and be as pedantic as necessary to really drive the points home!
"I'm wrong, but I'll say I'm tired of this in order to get the 'last word in' so you guys still lose in my mind."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I mean, the real reason that the twitter account "StreamerBans" calls it a ban is because the script they use to scrape Twitch cannot tell how long the suspension is for, the only way to know the length of time Twitch banned them is for the streamer themselves to disclose it.

Could be temporary, could be permanent, the script knows not.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Khane is less wrong than everyone arguing with him.

do you have any idea how little this narrows it down?
Well considering that women struggle so badly to be funny and generally fail anyway, yeah actually I narrowed it down pretty goddamn far.

• 1Moron

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Google should clear this up for you pretty easily.
I know you like to think you're super smart. Maybe you are, but not on this.

1701149663401.png

vs.

1701149676398.png

I also know you won't actually read this because you're too smart for this as well. I guess I am dumber than you, wasting time on this.

Khane

I know you like to think you're super smart. Maybe you are, but not on this.

View attachment 502168

vs.

View attachment 502170

I also know you won't actually read this because you're too smart for this as well. I guess I am dumber than you, wasting time on this.

There is no timeframe associated with the word ban. At all. You have to actually put a timeframe on it. This is what the point is. The original argument was "Ban means permanent". It does not. And in this context using the word ban is technically correct and has the same meaning as suspend.

Also, did you even read the definitions you yourself posted? My god man.... Just read Definition 2 under the transitive verb definition of ban back to yourself a few times.

Goddammit, its impossible to not argue here, people are so sure of themselves even though they have a terrible grasp of their own first language.

• 1Moron

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There is no timeframe associated with the word ban. At all. You have to actually put a timeframe on it. This is what the point is. The original argument was "Ban means permanent". It does not. And in this context using the word ban is technically correct and has the same meaning as suspend.

Also, did you even read the definitions you yourself posted? My god man.... Just read Definition 2 under the transitive verb definition of ban back to yourself a few times.

Goddammit, its impossible to not argue here, people are so sure of themselves even though they have a terrible grasp of their own first language.
That's literally the point though. Bans are permanent UNTIL and unless overturned. Suspensions are temporary definitionally.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users