Twitch.tv

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So wait, if you die in a raid on WoW hardcore do you have to start over?

That would be a nightmare in MC for things like baron geddon.
That's the schtick of HC WoW, and why a bunch of streamers are doing it. People tune in to watch them lose the whole character.

I watched a couple of the bosses Rav did, and the world buffs make it trivial. Barron got off 3 Living bombs before he died and the 3 people all ran it out fine. If you raided in Vanilla, it looks nothing like that experience, or maybe I should say, it looks like they had it on farm mode for a year (and out geared it with AQ gear), when it was actually their first attempt (many of them never played Vanilla, supposedly).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's the schtick of HC WoW, and why a bunch of streamers are doing it. People tune in to watch them lose the whole character.

I watched a couple of the bosses Rav did, and the world buffs make it trivial. Barron got off 3 Living bombs before he died and the 3 people all ran it out fine. If you raided in Vanilla, it looks nothing like that experience, or maybe I should say, it looks like they had it on farm mode for a year (and out geared it with AQ gear), when it was actually their first attempt (many of them never played Vanilla, supposedly).
Howard is unstoppable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

KungenTV and his guild Nihilum are raiding in HC, though make it a point to do it without world buffs.

They have the early raids on farm status. Looking at their raids and the run from streamers is very different. Granted Nihilum used to be one of the best guilds in WoW and Kungen was one of the best players. Sodapoppin talked about him recently. Sodapoppin was very proud back in the day when he reached the top of the WoW category on Twitch, then the day after Kungen started streaming and had 10k more viewers than Sodapoppin on his first day. Kungen is 40 now though, so a jaded gen Xer who sounds like most of this forum that miss early EQ.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

So wait, if you die in a raid on WoW hardcore do you have to start over?

That would be a nightmare in MC for things like baron geddon.

BWL would honestly be scarier in terms of getting perma killed. You basically need to get ony cloaks on everyone to avoid dying on Nef (and that other boss if you happen to get caught in the flame AOE). And the 2nd boss has that ability which will basically death touch whoever gets the debuff.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that would be annoying.

I thought it would be like Turtle wow where if you hit max level it gives you an achievement and then nixes the "Hardcoreness" of your character til the next level increase.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that would be annoying.

I thought it would be like Turtle wow where if you hit max level it gives you an achievement and then nixes the "Hardcoreness" of your character til the next level increase.

No it is full hardcore, die and dead. You can still be a ghost or transfer to a classic server for free. Bunch of people in Sodapoppins guild have made quite a bit of money from it I think. They've made an addon called RestedXP which gives a fairly optimal guide from 1-60 for all classes. First 20 levels are free, then it costs $20 for either alliance/horde, or $30 for both. Tells you what quests to take, in what order, warns about elites/dangerous places and the likes with an arrow pointing towards where you should go. Also features direct video links on how to do skips, etc. Can edit it to show dungeons and quests for them, or skip them, make it SSF (no auction house). Seen quite a few people talk about the addon in general chat, so guessing they've made bank on it considering how many people play HC.

Paid addons are against TOS, but since they only add information it's a loophole of sorts.

• 1Cringe

Fadaar

That guy
KungenTV and his guild Nihilum are raiding in HC, though make it a point to do it without world buffs.

They have the early raids on farm status. Looking at their raids and the run from streamers is very different. Granted Nihilum used to be one of the best guilds in WoW and Kungen was one of the best players. Sodapoppin talked about him recently. Sodapoppin was very proud back in the day when he reached the top of the WoW category on Twitch, then the day after Kungen started streaming and had 10k more viewers than Sodapoppin on his first day. Kungen is 40 now though, so a jaded gen Xer who sounds like most of this forum that miss early EQ.

I mean I hate to be technical about definitions but more a millennial just like the majority of this forum despite how much they hate that label

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I mean I hate to be technical about definitions but more a millennial just like the majority of this forum despite how much they hate that label
True, early millennial since he is only 40. I am gen X though!

• 1Like

Malakriss

Going to have to accept there was in a fact a micro generation between X and Millennials, and like hell would they ever refer to themselves as Xers, Millennials, or the god awful nickname Xennial.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gen X rocks in every aspect except one thing: Gen X Raised these fucking brats. What in the ever living fuck happened to Gen X and their severe lack of parenting skills - that's the question.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gen X rocks in every aspect except one thing: Gen X Raised these fucking brats. What in the ever living fuck happened to Gen X and their severe lack of parenting skills - that's the question.
I think it was to be the opposite of the boomer gen which abused, didnt give a shit, etc...We just went the opposite a bit too fucking hard. I didnt, my kids are golden, but others sure did. The generation of handing out those participation trophies. And of course the whole progressive BS of the 2Ks didnt fucking help shit either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think it was to be the opposite of the boomer gen which abused, didnt give a shit, etc...We just went the opposite a bit too fucking hard. I didnt, my kids are golden, but others sure did. The generation of handing out those participation trophies. And of course the whole progressive BS of the 2Ks didnt fucking help shit either.
I don't know maybe it's a temperament thing also but I reacted the exact opposite to participation trophies. Sports which provided them when they became a thing I immediately ditched and did others because I thought it was bullshit everyone got a trophy and pizza party after we won. Of course you generally weren't allowed to keep score or "win" either, but as a normal male not on Adderall that's just instinct so we did anyway.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Jesus, is he still going? He and his guild were on my first WoW server, Magtheridon EU. They were Horde and I was Ally. Let's just say that his guild being a superstar of sorts back then skewed the ratio in Horde's favor until it became unplayable.
I'm Gen X by the skin of my teeth, by most of the ways these things are reconned, and I will not have anyone trying to change that label if I can help it.

As for parenting, I blame the Boomers. They raised us according to the "new and improved" methods that became fashionable in the 60s and so we didn't know how to raise our brats.

• 1Like

Chapell

Trakanon Raider

I think he played a mage call "Lovely" or something on P99 red.

yerm

Gen x? Millennial? Boomer?

No, you're all just faggots, shitting up an already pretty gay thread.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
It just shows how OP world buffs, full flasks and pots, and raid comp stacking is. Everything dies before more than 2 mechanics. Pretty boring.
It could have been a lot more entertaining if they restricted them from doing ZG/AQ20 and all the other out of phase content, because 2 months of running those raids had them completely outgearing MC by a massive margin. But its a streamer guild and it took them 2+ months to get enough 60s so the natural sweats would have been bored and not stuck around for so long lol