Unconfirmed -- Bethesda: Game of Thrones

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I look forward to Jamie, Bronn, Jon, Robb, Ned, Robert, Tyrion, Tywin, Khal Drogo, Sam, Stannis, Hot Pie and two of Littlefinger's whores all having exactly the same voice.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know, the more I think about it - if its true that theyre making a GoT game.. Its not going to be like the books or the series in so many ways that it will almost be unrecognizable as a GoT themed story. If they made it similar to the books or the series, magic would be rare and gear would be mundane. Just the basic foundation of a game would be very hard to model after the theme of GoT.

Caliane

I dont know, the more I think about it - if its true that theyre making a GoT game.. Its not going to be like the books or the series in so many ways that it will almost be unrecognizable as a GoT themed story. If they made it similar to the books or the series, magic would be rare and gear would be mundane. Just the basic foundation of a game would be very hard to model after the theme of GoT.
Lord of the rings online, did a pretty impressive job with this.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If those models are correct then they are obviously setting it during the time of the books. Now I want to see how they can craft a story that still feels epic without being able to trample over the already established storyline. And no, I'm not really excited if that turns out something along the lines of "You play John Snow though a storyline you already know."

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, time it for the wrap up of the series, then release "Game of Thrones: Conquest of Valyria"

Characters can come from any part of the world, there would be artifacts a plenty post Doom, ruins, and can do pretty much anything story wise while a bigger plotline runs over your head.

This also keeps what happened to Valyria a mystery.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I love how people trash games that haven't been made yet because if their own lack of imagination.

• 1SJW
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just don't see how a game with one character that explores the whole world as a singular hero would even jive with the theme of both the book and the show, which that would be the game Bethesda Studios would create. To me they need to do this game as like a Medieval X game where you pick a house (either lesser or great) and actually build a name for yourself through economics, political back stabbing/positioning, and full scale wars with your army. Hell just have you start out in the abandoned keep of a lesser house that was obliterated and have you build from scratch, picking who you ally with (and then betray) and have you build up from there. That world is just way too macro, in my opinion, for a game that would be a micro POV to do it any justice.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is out this year and that will definitely scratch the Skyrim medieval open world itch. But it won't have any magic or shit in it because it is historically accurate. Maybe my best kickstarter money ever spent if it is as good as it appears!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Was this cancelled or never confirmed?

Game Master Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user