Underrated Superhero movies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are the Nolan Batman movies, the iron man and avengers flicks and the first few superman films, but there are good random superhero flims in the last 20 or so years that dont get their due.

my top 5.
Dredd, incredible movie that will likely never get the appreciation it deserves
Darkman, a sam raimi film with Liam neeson as an indestructible badass out for revenge
Spawn, a weird as fuck film that while not great, is fucking cool as hell and one of the few movies that has a black superhero.
Punisher: War Zone, probably the goriest superhero film i have seen, nonstop action and destruction
The Hellboy series, the first two were awesome, they need to finish the trilogy. del toro needs to get off his ass before ron perlman gets too old to pull off the role.

Goatface

know it gets shit on a lot, but i still love Constantine. Might be my favorite Satan on film.

Mystery Men

on Hellboy, both Del Toro and Pearlman have said they wanted to do another, but the money isn't there

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't believe i forgot consantine that moview was great despite its inclusion of Shia. And yeah Defendor was a good watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Super was great, i wanna fuck that juno chick in the nastiest ways. another good one
The Guyver, for a cheap campy flick it was surprisingly sweet.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
i wanna fuck that juno chick in the nastiest ways
rrr_img_56584.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Unbreakable

I know it gets mad shit (and that's what makes it under rated), but it's one of the few shamalamadingdong movies that was actually good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watch unbreakable every time i see it on cable, the worst part is his pussy ass son and the fucked up shit he gets away with. if i pointed a loaded gun at my dad or snuck a bunch of weights on the barbells my dad was using id have gotten the shit beat out of me. god i hate shyamalans kid characters.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, it's got some retarded scenes that mostly involve the kid.

I just think it was an interesting take on a super hero movie, and I respect that he did it before the whole super hero movie fad kicked in. So it wasn't just cashing in on a popular idea, but it was an honest to god creative idea on his part. The only part I really remember without re-watching it is Bruce Willis standing on the roof in a poncho in the rain ala batman and the over reaching story of him slowly coping with the fact that he's a god damn comic book hero.

It wasn't so much the "big plot twist" gimickry that M. Knight devolved into. The entire concept was a twist on a different concept. And that was just enough to make it good (even with the retarded kid. The movie could be better, and Samuel Jackson has the range of playing Samuel Jackson). Much better than when he started to try too hard.

I wonder how much of it was Bruce Willis, or Bruce Willis's "people" with script review. M. Knight went to complete dogshit when those two parted ways.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he did quite well in Signs with mel gibson even though i wanted the aliens to take his son away. i was a M night fan for a while, got everything up to lady in the water on dvd/blu ray. he is worthless now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Dredd, Losers and Unbreakable, though I agree with the complaints about it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Unbreakable was just too damn dark of a movie. If I want that AND an awesome superhero flick, I'll watch The Dark Knight. The twist with Jackson was pretty damn good, but I feel like it was a great idea wasted in a shitty movie /shrug

Gecko_sl

shitlord
When I think super hero movies, I think Men in Spandex. This probably isn't good but all the best DC/Marvel movies to me were not about super powered people in neon colors.

Give me Blade and Dredd over Superman and Spiderman. Just my personal preference. Are those really super hero movies or just graphic novel adaptations, though? Nolan's Batman is my favorite, but is not underrated. Unbreakable remains probably the most underrated superhero movie I've seen. It's just excellent.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't remeber if it is underrated but if we are moving to graphic novels then From Hell is way up there. I would put it in the same category as constantine