Unsolved Mysteries

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Unsolved Mysteries

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2020-07-01

Overview: Real cases of perplexing disappearances, shocking murders and paranormal encounters fuel this gripping revival of the iconic documentary series.

Cybsled

Does it have the old school intro music? If no, that's a deal breaker

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ah found it. Ya, it's more of a somber take on the original theme, but nice they still kept it. I liked the Robert Stack ghostly image at the end too

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just finished the first episode with my wife. We were both big fans of the old shoe and this did not disappoint. Great mystery and they bring back the original theme during the end credits. Looking forward to another episode tomorrow night.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
First episode I think was a suicide. The dude seemed obsessed with movies and I think he was depressed after striking out in Hollywood and having to move across the country to take some bullshit job from his friend. It seemed like the wife was the breadwinner there which, internally, the guy probably found humiliating coming from a Puerto Rican background which is very patriarchal. Even if someone seems completely fine... you never know what's going on inside their mind.

Second one is tough. I kind of lean toward the husband having something to do with it because he's clearly a total piece of shit and it seems he went out of his way to create himself an alibi the day she went missing. It could just as likely be a random opportunist though.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
By the way, is one of the episodes only in French?

Yeah there should be sub titles though. There was for me anyway.

The first episode was the one where the guy jumped off the roof of that hotel supposedly? IF it's that episode we're talking baout I doubt he killed himself. That whole thing looked staged. Phone undamaged, no flesh on the metal roofing pieces that buckled and folded inward on the impact, no signs of human remains anywhere on the metal roof of that raquetball court anywhere which there certainly would have been had that been the impact spot. Flip flops he was wearing found on the roof (I think). Dude would have had to make a long jump just shy of the world record I thinkt o make it to that spot...again in flip flops. That whole thing just reeks of murder.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
First episode I think was a suicide. The dude seemed obsessed with movies and I think he was depressed after striking out in Hollywood and having to move across the country to take some bullshit job from his friend. It seemed like the wife was the breadwinner there which, internally, the guy probably found humiliating coming from a Puerto Rican background which is very patriarchal. Even if someone seems completely fine... you never know what's going on inside their mind.

Second one is tough. I kind of lean toward the husband having something to do with it because he's clearly a total piece of shit and it seems he went out of his way to create himself an alibi the day she went missing. It could just as likely be a random opportunist though.

Yeah first episode was really interesting. Did a deep dive into some stuff afterwards and the GF and I are positive it was a suicide. He definitely seemed to have some mental health stuff going on before it happened and it seems like he had a mental break.

The note he hid that he taped to his computer gives away a lot. He was also trying to join the Masons just before the disappearance. He loved puzzle/conspiracy movies and movies that have a theme of illusion vs reality. As I was watching the show I was reminded of the 1997 Michael Douglas movie The Game- especially the ending where Douglas jumps off the roof, crashes through the glass ceiling, and ends up perfectly fine etc.

I actually rewatched The Game right after that episode. If you look at the roof he jumped on to, it looks very very similar to the roof at the end of The Game. It even has the same glass skylights like the one Douglas falls through. What sealed it for me was when I found an image of the note he wrote. It's hard to read because the writing is really small, but he has a list of movies on the note. The Game is the last movie on the list.

I think he had a break from reality and thought he was being tested in order to join the Masons and somehow convinced himself he needed to do what Douglas did in The Game as a final test.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Other than the first episode and the UFO one, none of the other mysteries were all that 'mysterious'. Was hoping for a good ghost story at least.

So, thinking about the final episode with the mother and 7 daughters -- does anyone think its fuck up that a TV show can pretty much implicate someone for a murder that they may very well not have committed? Now all the viewers will think, yup, she did it. Who knows? Maybe that one daughter was crazy and just making shit up.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife watched a bit of it. Only one I caught was I think the 3rd one with the black guy in Oklahoma. Seemed fucking ridiculous. Drunk dude almost certainly drowned but let's spend an hour talking about race relations. Fun stuff. Didn't watch any more after that.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wife watched a bit of it. Only one I caught was I think the 3rd one with the black guy in Oklahoma. Seemed fucking ridiculous. Drunk dude almost certainly drowned but let's spend an hour talking about race relations. Fun stuff. Didn't watch any more after that.
If you poke around there's some message boards that has discussion from locals about the incident. People from the area are pretty much in agreement that he was killed and they're pretty sure of who did it.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you poke around there's some message boards that has discussion from locals about the incident. People from the area are pretty much in agreement that he was killed and they're pretty sure of who did it.

yep, unless we are missing a lot of information on this case, it seems pretty clear it was a murder and I'm willing to bet it gets solved within a year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Necro-ing this:

Watched the first season when it first released, and at the behest of a family member I watched the Jack Wheeler episode in season 2.

I think it's pretty obvious the guy had a manic episode spurned on by the fact that he forgot his meds for a few days - hence him showing up at the pharmacy in a haze. Think he got lost, climbed into a dumpster and the compactor killed him. I think ultimately the police ruled it a "homicide" as a way to save the family a bit of "embarrassment" for someone so accomplished, and so well regarded.

Although these remakes are well made, I don't find the mysteries to be particularly compelling.

Last edited:
TV show information provided by The Movie Database