Until Dawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I picked this up from BB for $10
smile.png
Gamer program and also used some certificates. If anything I can play it, trade it in for 30-40 towards Metal Gear which will also be 49 with the gamer club discount. So then I can get that for 17 or so
smile.png

This gamer club deal is working wonders.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok this game really has me engaged at this point. The atmosphere is top notch. The gameplay itself is very simplistic. I'm about an hour and a half in, lights off, surround sound jacked. I have jumped about four times and it isn't stopping. The character development is awesome too. I am honestly liking some of these characters and hoping they do not die at some point. And every now and then this shrink I am seein shows me pictures of what creep me out the most and then it tailors the game to it. Lol. I already saw a picture on the wall of something I thought was creepy as fuck.

Pretty awesome so far. Highly recommended to this point. Lights definitely out and either headphones or surround cranked.

spronk

FPS noob
its a 7 hour game and honestly a replay is barely worth it since the big story beats are all the same in every ending, just a question of who lives and who dies.

gonna disagree with ut, unless you are playing at a party or are really, really into the horror genre its way better just watching it play out on twitch or maybe a rental. Its Heavy Rain, Order 1886, two Telltale game episodes, etc being sold for $60. The production values are absolutely through the roof but I don't see how games like this can survive anymore in a twitch / youtube world.

it is a cool and fun story though I do recommend watching it on twitch, I watched kaceytrons stream last night for about 3 hours and then an asian chicks stream today for another 4 hours and saw the entire story. Angry joe is streaming it right now on twitch
Twitch

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reviews saying that this is the best David Cage game not made by David Cage are spot on. QuanticDream has a lot of catching up to do whenever they release something for PS4.

It's not super easy like Cage's games either. I finished Heavy Rain with the best ending on my first try, but here I've already gotten multiple characters killed without intending to. I think I'm about 2/3 done, already looking forward to a second play through to see what I can do differently.

The production values are absolutely through the roof but I don't see how games like this can survive anymore in a twitch / youtube world.
I don't know how anyone could stand to watch someone else play a game like this. I don't like twitch streams to begin with, but this would be the worst genre of all to watch. No regrets at all paying full price for it.

And it's definitely more than a 7 hour game if you make an effort to find all the clues without using a guide.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Reviews saying that this is the best David Cage game not made by David Cage are spot on. QuanticDream has a lot of catching up to do whenever they release something for PS4.

It's not super easy like Cage's games either. I finished Heavy Rain with the best ending on my first try, but here I've already gotten multiple characters killed without intending to. I think I'm about 2/3 done, already looking forward to a second play through to see what I can do differently.

I don't know how anyone could stand to watch someone else play a game like this. I don't like twitch streams to begin with, but this would be the worst genre of all to watch. No regrets at all paying full price for it.

And it's definitely more than a 7 hour game if you make an effort to find all the clues without using a guide.
Yeah I have played for about four hours straight. I only have about 40% of the butterfly effects. And only have found 30-40% of the clues and totems.

The experience of this game in the dark with a full home theater and big screen tops a stream of this any day of the week. I'm very happy to buy this and support this company for putting out something so different. Course after my discount and certificates I only paid about 10-15 bucks but I would easily pay full price for this.

This tops outlast for sure for me. And also beats amnesia for a horror game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Skull mask in the truck in the woods... Wife pissed herself.

Best game ever.
Haha that one got me too. In fact I have been scared by a few things.

A lot of these scares remind me of the bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness. Which still holds #1 horror game for me ever made. This is definitely number 2.

I cannot wait to get back home tonight to play more.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished it with two deaths. One of them kind of annoys me because it was just a matter of the order in which I did things followed by an unavoidable death several minutes later. The other I have no idea how to prevent. Missed 6 totems and a couple clues in each category, some of that shit is not easy to find at all, especially coupled with the usual "oops, you randomly picked the correct path first instead of the dead end that had a secret in it, and now you're past a point of no return" that shows up in far too many games.

Overall I'd give it about an 8.5 (maybe even a 9 if the second playthrough doesn't feel like a drag) and anyone who likes Heavy Rain/Fahrenheit and horror absolutely needs to play it. There's some cringe-worthy dialogue at the beginning, but no more so than most teen-horror movies or Quantic Dreams' games, but otherwise the plot is solid.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Best ending is saving them all. I did not expect Josh to be the psycho. Having the choices made in the psychiatrist room occur throughout the game even made it more frightening.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just got done playing this at a party we had tonight and everyone had a fucking blast taking turns playing it. I got the bone head move of the night as I chose to investigate a sound instead of sticking together. Everyone was calling me a dumbass lol. Just a really fun interactive horror movie. The QTE are doing very well and fast paced. Only 1 person survived, we sucked.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I got the bone head move of the night as I chose to investigate a sound instead of sticking together.
I'd only lost 1 person up till that point and knew it was stupid as soon as I did it since I knew if it was in a movie I'd be rolling my eyes at the character.

Just finished, loved it though I was a little ahead of the story exposition. I'd have to describe the game as Dragon's Lair meets Saw meets X-Files, it's certainly worth a playthrough and will get back to it for trophies in the future.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just beat the game, only had 3 characters die.

Right at the end...
My fucking cat jumped up on my chair during the final scene with mike & sam where the wendigo is in the cabin and it's the "Don't Move" shit. Cat jumps on the chair, it rocks a bit, Wendigo guts Sam. God dammit lol.

I loved the first half of the game a ton, easily a 9/10. Second half started to get a little more mediocre but overall was still a solid game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just got started, wife and I went through the first couple of hours. Lots of fun, love the presentation, some really good jumps. We all laughed at the beginning when the two chicks get in a fight and were like, 'think we'll kill her 1st'