Untitled Bioware Game

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So they have been teasing some new(hopefully) IP that i guess they plan to reveal at GC - it seems interesting but its just teaser shit so who knows!

-

-

Heroes the video game? IDK -

If this was alrdy posted then my b!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea what to make of this. It could be anything, and just doesn't do anything to impress me at all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Spending your game development budget on live action or CGI trailers does nothing for me.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I was wondering what the hell this email is they keep sending me...got 2 different ones. Hmm.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well they are doing something at Gamescom it seems. 7pm CEST 8.13.2014 at the Cologne Marriott Hotel (with Twitch feed for those of us not actually in Europe much less Cologne)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Shadow Realms(someone retitle the thread please)

Interesting concept, more of a PVP Neverwinter Nights than a traditional game. 4v1 content where you and your buddies battle against content created by the "ShadowLord" who is another player acting as a kind of dungeon master.

They are accepting alpha registration at the site and while you need an origin account to sign up they specify that you will not need to install origin to test the game. They also talk a lot about being very open with the development of the title and even point to a dedicated reddit page as their "official forum" :shadowrealms

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Looking forward to this, while Bioware is not exactly the company it was a few years back...it still carries tons of goodwill from me...and anything they do, I still consider to be worth looking into.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
"Cinematic storytelling and romances"

yep. im out.
That and Bioware is dead. There is no more Bioware. It's an IP to sell new IP's in the vein of "Story", of which most of the good writers are long gone. They also now have Jeff Hickman as a general manager of Bioware-Austin.

Stick the fork in this "company" and this game.

Also:

Concerning the story for Shadow Realms, the game takes place as heroes on Earth, who did not know they even had magical powers, are being awakened and recruited to fight against a force known as the Shadow Legions of Embra.The story will be told over various episodes, playing out over time like a TV show

I cannot wait to see how the nickle and diming begins on this one.

Caliane

yeah. listening to this. it sounds like The Secret world, co-op. ala borderlands, etc.

Single player home base, where you get your missions. "do your romances, flirting etc. " When you get your missions, you queue for group instances.

Not impressed with gameplay im seeing at all. but its pre-alpha. can't read TOO much into that.

I do like this stream though. its like they are trying to emulate Nintendo's treehouse.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I dunno it looks pretty interesting to me in a WoW meets Diablo meets MOBA sort of way. Certainly the role of the shadowlord running around invisible and fucking with the team adds quite a bit of freshness to what would otherwise be kinda dull.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The gameplay on this looked absolutely abysmal - Then again its only in pre-alpha so alot of time to make it look.....like anything else.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Seems more to me like they're capitalizing on ME3's multiplayer game. Same setup with 4 gamers, but with another person to act choosing the variables and stuff.

Even the gameplay seemed to be ME3 sound effects and abilities. /shrug Just first blush.