Untitled Cloverfield Sequel

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Untitled Cloverfield Sequel

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Action

Director: Babak Anvari

Plot: A direct sequel to the 2008 science-fiction thriller 'Cloverfield' that will no longer use the found-footage style of filmmaking.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the second one took place in a different timeline instead of this one, I don't know the fucking Cloverfield sequals were fucking confusing as shit.

Hopefully this movie will return to it's Godzilla type, monster rampaging roots.

Goatface

think all earths are in different dimensions. cloverfield paradox showed 2 or 3 earths. it open holes in space and time. sent the 1st cloverfield monster to another earth's past and sent the aliens and stuff to 10 cloverfield lane earth.
when making cloverfield paradox they were going to tie 10 cloverfield lane directly to it, but cut the scenes.
anyway, this is supposed to happen after the end of the 1st movie. which had the bit in the credits about help us and the hidden backwards message its alive or lives or something

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that first Cloverfield movie was really hit or miss. great concept, but ultimately stupid in execution. i watched it with my dad and he kept laughing at how badly they mixed up manhattan and were able to teleport to different sections as if they were all next to each other. i thought it was an ok movie. the ending was dumb.
its probably why there hasnt been a sequel in 15 years, they werent left with much to work with.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
10 Cloverfield Lane was really good IMO. Some good edge of your seat thriller stuff. Goodman was awesome as usual. Paradox was a decent space scifi.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Weren't they all just completely different movies they they just threw an extra scene on to "connect" them?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Goodman should have gotten an Oscar for his performance. When he's showing off the bunker and trying to act like he's above being proud, yet he's obviously proud of his work, it's a fucking class on how "subtle body language queues" are everything in acting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Weren't they all just completely different movies they they just threw an extra scene on to "connect" them?
Yes. The Cloverfield connection was forced only to attempt to cash in on name recognition. The movies had absolutely nothing to do with each other.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I liked the original, best of the found footage films.

10 Cloverfield Lane had some awesome acting and tension, ( it was a fine stand alone film, the need for it to be linked to the Cloverfield universe was ??? )

Paradox, the spaceship one was just WTF

But I'm happy to give this a try.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Wasn't 10 Cloverfield originally unrelated to Cloverfield and they added the alien stuff at the end to make it work? Great movie regardless.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database