Untitled Star Wars RPG(Visceral/EA)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, it looks like that anyway. This has been hinted at for a while, but here's some more solid evidence.

EA Game!

Job Posting(from article)

Hype train away. Visceral has delivered a couple duds, but they've done a lot of good work. Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's hope some of the guys that worked on Dante's Inferno and DS1/2 are still around. Otherwise I'm holding back any confidence. Hope to hear about this soon.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah pass on anything EA shit. At this point even Bioware is a sad EA-fied shell of its former self and Bioware Austin is running joke so there's really no reason to expect anything other than a cash grab from EA's 10-year Star Wars license.

They'll prolly have better luck making girl-friendly mobile SW games for that new twihard market JJ Abrams set up for them.

Vorph

steam sale
EA game = Origin only.

The only thing that gives me any hope at all is that Amy Hennig is the creative director for Visceral. Mostly I just think it's sad that someone that talented is wasting her time working for an EA studio.

Sulrn

Deuces
A pay check is a pay check. Talent does not override the need to pay the bills.

This isn't the 80s/90s wild west. Corporate controls the money flow these days unless you can coerce the fans to pay you before you even produce a concept. If you want to support the talent stick with "EA, Pass" until they change their game development/oversight process for the entirety of their holdings.

Vorph

Of course, but as a gamer I can still find it disappointing that someone with a resume like hers ends up working for a shithole like EA. In the end though, I guess it's SCEA/Naughty Dog's fault for not matching/beating whatever EA offered to get her to leave. Must have been a lot of money, because I can't imagine she has much creative control when she has to not only answer to EA marketing but also Disney, who are known for being extreme meddlers in everything related to their licenses.

And yeah, I play EA games by renting them for my PS4... or not at all. Origin can suck it.