UO Lost Lands (free shard opened 10/3/2014) T2A Ruleset

jackll_sl

shitlord
Its garbage, unlimited pets? crashing all the time? you can only cut 1 bandage at a time?

Amod delete this thread.
The launch is ruined.

People love a launch rush, where the get some buddies and act out their plan to get head. You've had about 5 unique users trickling in and out for a few days. Scrap it. What you should do is as follows...

1) Note that there is no need or niche which your shard fills, it is one among many. A ton of supply, no demand.
2) Note that there is a reasonably large desire for aSiege Perilious rulesetshard. There are NO Siege Shards out there. None. Zero. Yours could be the only one, and grow exponentially as a result. You've found a niche.

Consider what you have as a really, really, really, solid beta with some great antihax feature. No autogathering is a ok feature for a typical shard, but HUGE for a SP shard. Its massive.

Get onreddit, uoforums, etc gain some community traction and support for aSP rulesetshard. Recruit "Beta Testers".

Feel out what patch version ppl want, I think the consensus is patch 10 version of SP. Get people who know what they're talking about.

Recruit the Orc clans. Their existence on a shard draws players, it just does. Orcs are horny for a SP server.

Watch your following expand by orders of magnitude.

Re-Launchwhen ready, with a launch date heavilyadvertisedandhyped, ideally around the academic winter break in December.

2 second cursory search, hit up some of these ppl

Are there any free shards using Siege Perilous rules set? : ultimaonline

Someone do a Siege Perilous Server : ultimaonline

My new Siege Perilous server idea thread. : ultimaonline

UO Siege Perilous Shard - Ultima Online Forums
Noted, we did consider a siege shard. It may be something to look at down the road, if we hit 0 players and stay there. Or even just another project when we feel our shard is in a good place. However we are hopeful for the future, it's not too bothering if we don't have a large playerbase.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Reminds me of EQ devs, their entire playerbase screaming "this is what needs to be done" and their all "working as intended" lol