Urgent Advice Needed from an American!

Chris

Potato del Grande
A friend of mine is going to travel down Route 66 on Honeymoon next week in a rented car, I can't afford much for a gift but I thought buying them a tank full of petrol (gas?) amounst other things would be a nice symbolic gesture and it's something they have mentioned in conversation they would rather have than the usual wedding stuff.

I know that fuel tank sizes will vary and prices will vary from state to state, but I don't know anything about cars - how many dollars roughly should I be buying for them? Assuming the rented car would be a little flashier than normal and it's a place in the middle of a desert.

Kinda last minute I need to buy the dollars saturday at the latest, plus nets for your advice thanks
smile.png

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sedans average 12 to 16 gallons based on size. SUV's can be 20 gallons and may even have an extra tank. Gas in Southern California is going for 4 dollars a gallon for unleaded, so your looking anywhere between 50 and 100 dollars for the gift. Make sure they fill up in the cities not out in the sticks where it might be higher.

Heres a map for Gas prices in the US.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

and looking at that map out in the sticks is usually cheaper which is not what I expected.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
A single tank of gas will probably end up being $40-60 on average. Assuming it's a rented car, $50 seems about right.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I put premium fuel in my car (roughly 20 cents a gallon more), and I'm out ~$60 every filling. That's putting 15 gallons in. However, this is Philadelphia area, so 100% the opposite side of the country. I suck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Went with $75 as that seems to be the average and it;s a nice round ?50. Thanks guys!