USA - Not Cities

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would definitely recommend taking a sight seeing flight at the Grand Canyon. TBH I thought it was kinda meh from ground level but it's amazing from the air. You can go helicopter or plane, several places offer the flights.

I also liked Lowell Observatory near Flagstaff, AZ. If you have an interest in astronomy you'll probably enjoy it too.

Hoover Dam is also cool, you can take a tour inside and see how it works and feel the power of the water flowing through it.

I had no problem going to a range and shooting some guns either. I had an American driver's license but I was still a foreign national. Ask them to show you how if you've never shot a gun before.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Well I guess the West it is..Going to work out a route..Probably best to go North to South leaving in September? Think Pacific Crest Trail but not that (same route) just south and with car and heading into and out the coast? Ending up in the South. Wanna spend a fair bit of time in the south though

So Interstate 5 all the way down? And when you say "The South", do you just mean Southern California? In America "The South" is typically Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and sometimes Kentucky and Missouri depending on who you talk to. Florida is it's own special place.

If you got 8 weeks dude, I could plan you one damn good blitzkreig of an American sightseeing tour that hits all the good spots that arn't LA or NYC type shit.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So Interstate 5 all the way down? And when you say "The South", do you just mean Southern California? In America "The South" is typically Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and sometimes Kentucky and Missouri depending on who you talk to. Florida is it's own special place.

If you got 8 weeks dude, I could plan you one damn good blitzkreig of an American sightseeing tour that hits all the good spots that arn't LA or NYC type shit.

Hit me with it...Maybe plan it for 7 weeks. No fucking clue what routes to take etc. Am open to everything too - accommodation isn't really a factor, I'm as happy in a tent as a 5*..

Edit: Budget am looking at around $300 a day but will spunk the cash and do 5 star stuff occasionally A trip this long needs a bit of planning, do have cash in reserve.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That will be a fantastic trip and I'm sure people here can give great recommendations based on where you are. While in California I would highly recommend going inland enough to see Yosemite and Sequoia. Yosemite is gorgeous. Hopefully the waterfalls are still going strong at that time of year but we didn't have a very rainy winter.

There are some real gems on the CA coast too. Hearst Castle is the shit if you're into seeing how rich old money was. Plus the dude was a serious collector of antiques from Egypt, Greece, Spain, Italy. It's impressive. Also Pismo Beach to rent a dune buggy or an ATV and go ham on the sand dunes. Some have like 100ft dropoff and you think you're going to die. It's awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There are some real gems on the CA coast too.

If I was going to be out west that long I would definitely take the time to drive Highway 1 from Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz and stop at Solvang, Hearst Castle, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium and also check out some of the thousands of beautiful beaches along the way. Might as well drive across the Golden Gate Bridge as well and maybe see Alcatraz if you're not dead set on avoiding cities altogether.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh, and how can I forget Big Sur when talking about the Central Coast?