falls purdue football GIF

FF4.jpg

completed.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I discovered that Curse of the Moon has a "real" final boss if you play it a second time on Nightmare mode, so I went ahead and did that. The game was much tougher, especially the new final boss, but eventually I got him and really beat the game for real. Now I'm a couple levels into Curse of the Moon 2 and it's true what they say, it really is a big step up in difficulty. My two runs of COTM1 prepared me pretty well for it at least.

COTM1 is like an easy version of Castlevania 3 NES, while COTM2 is more like Bloodlines for the Genesis (very tough game). Still has an NES look.

I highly recommend COTM1 for an NES type experience. COTM2...YMMV.

Then again this is the backlog-defeating thread, not the "things to add to it" thread.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ratchet and Clank met expectations. I wouldn’t call it game of the year material, but it was a lot of fun. And, bonus, it’s a game the minions could watch me play.

5CF9A8A0-4DF6-44B3-AE57-4AA7DDA8DFC4.jpeg

30EBD800-C3BE-4439-8E27-77BA2B051EC8.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211214_201553.jpg

Finished Curse of the Moon 2. That was HARD. One particular circular platform area late in the game nearly had me pulling my hair out.

20211214_201602.jpg

Nice lineup here of the last bunch of PS4 games I cleared out.

Was leaning Resident Evil remakes next but I think I'm gonna get to Ratchet and Clank instead now that I've been reminded of that one. That or Cadence of Hyrule, a music-based Zelda game I have that nobody seems to know about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Update: While figuring out my next game, I tried Cadence of Hyrule, quickly realized why I haven't gotten into it sooner. I'm no good with rhythm-based games and this one is on the tedious side unless you're really into it. You don't even play as Link, you play as some new girl who looks like Link and does everything like Link but is some random girl. To ebay!

I then fired up Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, another game I've been sitting on for ages. It's one of the weird 2D ACs for the Vita that were developed by a dev company I've never heard of. The 2D ACs had a lot of potential if they played well, but instead they're slow and clunky and probably comparable to MK Mythologies: Sub Zero. The Russia one in particular looks seriously good visually so it's a shame they play so poorly. I tried to get into it for about a half hour and eventually gave up. I tried in the past too, but I kept it because it's AC. Well, I've beaten all the "real" AC games and I don't have to put myself through the 2D ones. If it played even half-decent I was planning to give it a go. So that's going on ebay too.

Discovering you don't like backlogged games and ebaying them is one way to clear the backlog, eh?

Started Dishonored (PS4 remaster). I've never played any Dishonored games and I got both of them (1 and 2) for free a couple years ago. Dishonored is much more to my liking, sort of Bioshock if Bioshock were a much more ordinary game. I'll definitely see this one through. So far my only issue with it is that the graphics are extremely dated, considering it's a remastered PS3 game. Looking forward to Dishonored 2 being a native PS4 game and presumably a lot nicer visually.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Commitment issues or something because I can’t even fathom starting so many games so quickly. Even if I did beat the previous ones. I have a huge mental block on playing games to where even after I’ve started one it takes a lot of willpower to come back and play it again.

Only applies to single player games though. Logging in for raids? No problem. Logging in because a buddy said let’s play this game? No problem. I just can’t make the decision myself I guess.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A439A80D-EA56-4643-B11E-00A1641D02B0.jpeg

Beat Minecraft Dungeons

1639605596044.png

great game especially with Xbox Xcloud. I played on my phone. Wonderful mobile controls

• 2Like

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I somehow bought Bioshock Infinite at release and only ever played the first 30 minutes of it.

1639621311479.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was playing dragon quest 11 on switch until they introduced a fag character. Tiresome

Sylvando is a pretty cool dude IMO. He is the logical extension of the "Goof-Off" class introduced in DQ3 that continued with Taloon in DQ4 and the Gadabout in DQ6/7. It makes sense that the ultimate form of that type of character would be a flamboyant guy dressed as a peacock. His character arc in Spain-land was good. There's no graphic gay sex in the game, matter of fact I don't think it even gets into anyone's sexuality at all outside of Jade generally being sexy as fuck. I wouldn't give up on the game.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Sylvando is a pretty cool dude IMO. He is the logical extension of the "Goof-Off" class introduced in DQ3 that continued with Taloon in DQ4 and the Gadabout in DQ6/7. It makes sense that the ultimate form of that type of character would be a flamboyant guy dressed as a peacock. His character arc in Spain-land was good. There's no graphic gay sex in the game, matter of fact I don't think it even gets into anyone's sexuality at all outside of Jade generally being sexy as fuck. I wouldn't give up on the game.
Ok well if it’s a trend dating that far back then I’ll give it another try. I’ll just pretend sylvando isn’t a fag, he’s just metrosexual.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A few hours into Dishonored and I'm liking it, but my initial assessment of "Bioshock if it were a regular game" is holding up. It really does feel like it wants to be Bioshock, but it's too simplistic for that. It also reminds me a bit of Assassin's Creed. So it's like a Bioshock/AC hybrid which on paper should be pretty awesome. I also like the setting. I dunno, though, I can't get super into it. This always seems to happen with Arkane games. Like everything about them seems geared towards things I like, but I can never really get into them. Maybe it's because I'm dying a LOT, maybe it's because I'm not crazy about the art style (it's a little like Borderlands, which isn't really appropriate for this story/setting).

Regardless, I'm into this one enough to see it through and not send it to the ebay chopping block.

Last edited:

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Excellent sequel. It’s better in almost every way. Doesn’t hurt that it was made for PS5.

60FD6805-1620-424C-A61D-1BA598367599.jpeg

C0AA1037-BA5F-44C0-A54E-626E9464E960.png

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
After Dishonored 1 and 2 (if I'm able to beat them, that is, cause I'm still dying constantly) here are other things I could potentially try to clear out. I kinda want to "finish off" some of my old systems. Games I have that I never finished, by system:

Super NES: Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Spider-Man and Venom: Separation Anxiety
PS1: Breath of Fire 4, Parasite Eve 2
PS2: Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
PS3: Portal, Portal 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution
Wii: Super Paper Mario
Wii U: Xenoblade X, Monster Hunter 3, Wave Race 64 (VC), Mario 64 DS (VC)
DS/3DS: Zelda Spirit Tracks, Monster Hunter 4

And more modern unfinished things in various states of played/unplayed I could potentially take on next: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Resident Evil Zero/1/2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ghost of Tsushima, Jedi Fallen Order, Vanquish, Cuphead, Gravity Rush 2, Anodyne, Horizon, Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Does the contest end at the end of the 23rd or the end of the 24th? I wouldn't mind if it went another month to keep me motivated.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Excellent sequel. It’s better in almost every way. Doesn’t hurt that it was made for PS5.

View attachment 388319

I started this earlier this evening when I needed a break from Dishonored. It looks pretty incredible visually and I like how the PS5 controller gets utilized to full effect. I can't wait to play some more in a couple days. I probably wouldn't even be playing this any time soon if it weren't for this thread.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211217_231507.jpg

20211217_231521.jpg

Finished Dishonored 1 in high chaos. Fun murder-fest.

20211217_231558.jpg

This little psycho demon-chylde seems really into putting people to death when she gets older.

Onward to D2

20211204_224512.jpg

• 1Like