• No

Votes: 76 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I guess maybe your original response actually was right, idk.

Maybe this community is just doomed.

Banning one doxxing fuckstick is not "dooming" the forums. Maybe you should take a quick break and have your morning prozac pills.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I appreciate everyone's opinions for what they are and I hope that this issue is handled with thought and foresight.

But can we just step back a sec and understand that basically everyone who wants him back, wants him back for the lulz. Not because he himself is funny, but because they they find the chaotic drama he causes funny. Can we just think about the that?
I voted yes. I don't want him back for the lulz, and I don't want him back so we can fuck with him or for more drama.

I am not a popular user here (believe it or not), and @Utnayan has never hesitated to take jabs at me as there are several things we strongly disagree on. However, he understood that all that was just message board shenanigans and he made sure I knew I was welcome to join in on Drunken Gaming Night. He also bought me a Steam game as a Christmas present despite us having had very little actual interaction. He made efforts to keep things positive and help us remember that we're ultimately all in the same boat even though we shit on each other in our digital playground.

Was he capable of shitposting? Of course! Whenever I wanted to catch up on the Switch thread, I would inevitably end up doing a lot of mouse-wheeling to skip the giant bitch & whine posts, as well as the numerous responses they provoked. Did that "ruin" the thread? Of course not. It's a message board. People shitpost.

I don't doubt that he went off on other rants in other threads (although I've steered clear of the ones mentioned). We've got a lot of posters who, once their buttons have been pressed, have difficulty backing down. I blame those who egg him on as much as I blame him for that shit. More, actually, since they are already capable of preventing spergfests by exhibiting a little self control but they instead choose to throw gasoline onto the fire because they love arguing, drama and creating a "bad guy".

As far as doxxing is concerned, I take doxxing very seriously and there is no place for it on this message board. However, this community has on occasion stretched the definitions of doxxing and threatening VERY thin in order to make a case against someone. I don't know all the details about this supposed doxx, but what was presented doesn't make a very strong case since it seems Gshurik pretty much challenged him and a_skeleton_03 gave him explicit permission to post his results. If we want to take doxxing seriously, we need to not cry wolf about it. I say that as someone who was banned for "making RL threats" despite making no such threats, so you'll have to forgive me if my default response to someone being accused of doxxing isn't "listen and believe".

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I can't wait for a bunch of people to start shitting up threads constantly and harassing people if he gets unbanned because they can just have someone start a poll and get some people to vote for them to be unbanned too.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
And if he is that unstable how is a ban going to stop him? He could go full Olscratch for all you know. Better to keep him around to keep an eye on him if you're this distrusts of him.

This reads like an abused person excusing their abuser. "Better stay with him, or he'll beat someone else."

Except, that's not the scenario we're seeing here at all. A troublemaker, but not an abuser.

Guess we should ask where on the doll did the bad man touch them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I voted yes. I don't want him back for the lulz, and I don't want him back so we can fuck with him or for more drama.

I am not a popular user here (believe it or not), and @Utnayan has never hesitated to take jabs at me as there are several things we strongly disagree on. However, he understood that all that was just message board shenanigans and he made sure I knew I was welcome to join in on Drunken Gaming Night. He also bought me a Steam game as a Christmas present despite us having had very little actual interaction. He made efforts to keep things positive and help us remember that we're ultimately all in the same boat even though we shit on each other in our digital playground.

Was he capable of shitposting? Of course! Whenever I wanted to catch up on the Switch thread, I would inevitably end up doing a lot of mouse-wheeling to skip the giant bitch & whine posts, as well as the numerous responses they provoked. Did that "ruin" the thread? Of course not. It's a message board. People shitpost.

I don't doubt that he went off on other rants in other threads (although I've steered clear of the ones mentioned). We've got a lot of posters who, once their buttons have been pressed, have difficulty backing down. I blame those who egg him on as much as I blame him for that shit. More, actually, since they are already capable of preventing spergfests by exhibiting a little self control but they instead choose to throw gasoline onto the fire because they love arguing, drama and creating a "bad guy".

As far as doxxing is concerned, I take doxxing very seriously and there is no place for it on this message board. However, this community has on occasion stretched the definitions of doxxing and threatening VERY thin in order to make a case against someone. I don't know all the details about this supposed doxx, but what was presented doesn't make a very strong case since it seems Gshurik pretty much challenged him and a_skeleton_03 gave him explicit permission to post his results. If we want to take doxxing seriously, we need to not cry wolf about it. I say that as someone who was banned for "making RL threats" despite making no such threats, so you'll have to forgive me if my default response to someone being accused of doxxing isn't "listen and believe".
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

Fucking piece of shit. People literally considered you as a potential for contacting the Army IG based on your history.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

Fucking piece of shit. People literally considered you as a potential for contacting the Army IG based on your history.
You got a lot anger in you, being the owner of a half-breed
Just let it go, you'll have more pressing issues to contend with
qybPacy.gif

• 1Worf

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Clearly you didn't read the post by the person who had their employer contacted.

Just the fact that you were a potential first thought says everything about you
Actually, it says more about the person who was suspicious.

• 1Picard

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
You got a lot anger in you, being the owner of a half-breed
Just let it go, you'll have more pressing issues to contend with
qybPacy.gif
>complain about racial insults
>racially insult a mans child

Truly chinks are the Jews of asia

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

khalid

Unelected Mod

Not sure if you read this thread or followed the other stuff. I understand in particular why you would be reluctant to want to punish someone for doxxing, as you feel the mods overreacted in your case. However, listen to what Gshurik is saying here:

I have messages on Discord about this too, before I knew he had no relevant information he was taunting me with messages akin to "I know who you really are now you're finished" (paraphrasing). It's why I ducked out of the FoH discord for a while, until I knew he was inept.

This really sounds like a legit dox and threats. If something like this had been done to me, I probably would just quit the forums over it as its simply not worth dealing with the blowback. I basically can't get fired but still. I don't know, this kind of stuff not being dealt with is really shocking to me, especially in light of an actual example of someone trying to get a person fired and the forum destroyed so recently.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Actually, it says more about the person who was suspicious.
No it does not actually.

There are a few people on here that could have been involved based on the wording used in the complaint. You are on that list whether you are a terrible person or not you are on it.

There are other people on that list that I have no reason to think they did it but based on the wording and things they have said they went on the list.

There is logic to things like that, I know that is a foreign concept to you. Who talks like the words used here on this paper? Okay this list of people. Who might have done this based on past grievances? This smaller subset of people. Who do I think did this based on the timeframe of it? This even smaller subset.

You made several cuts of the list.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Are you retarded? a_skeleton_03 said he thought it could have been you at first
I understand, Z.

a_skeleton_03 was wrong. He was wrong to suspect me, he was wrong to interpret what I said as a threat, he was wrong to think I would ever make a threat to anyone here, let alone contact his employers. All that's on him, not me.

• 1Picard

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you read this thread or followed the other stuff. I understand in particular why you would be reluctant to want to punish someone for doxxing, as you feel the mods overreacted in your case. However, listen to what Gshurik is saying here:

This really sounds like a legit dox and threats. If something like this had been done to me, I probably would just quit the forums over it as its simply not worth dealing with the blowback. I basically can't get fired but still. I don't know, this kind of stuff not being dealt with is really shocking to me, especially in light of an actual example of someone trying to get a person fired and the forum destroyed so recently.

As soon as I got the message I just blocked him and deleted him. As far as I'm concerned I like to keep parts of my online life separate and I use Discord to speak to irl friends, old online friends and family so I don't really want anyone apart from those on my list. My discord name is different so I was initially wondering how he knew it was me, but the FoH discord gives you a nickname that's the same as your forum name.

Like I said, my way to deal with that is to ignore it, especially if I don't know how likely it is that he'll actually find info. As soon as he called me a "media influencer" or whatever I knew that he was off base so I didn't care as much about him attempting to doxx me. I still feel bad for the small company he used in his "grand unveiling" though, they probably have no idea why they've been contacted by him.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

See, it's the "paraphrasing" stuff that sets off red flags for me. If people were eager to ban me based on threats I never made (and were successful), then I have to take accusations like this with a grain of salt. If it turns out Utnayan is a stalker who tries to scrape up RL info of people here so he can act out revenge fantasies, then OF COURSE that's disgusting and I could not disapprove more strongly. I just haven't seen enough here to convince me that's the case.

• 1Picard

khalid

Unelected Mod
See, it's the "paraphrasing" stuff that sets off red flags for me. If people were eager to ban me based on threats I never made (and were successful), then I have to take accusations like this with a grain of salt. If it turns out Utnayan is a stalker who tries to scrape up RL info of people here so he can act out revenge fantasies, then OF COURSE that's disgusting and I could not disapprove more strongly. I just haven't seen enough here to convince me that's the case.

This is all kind of a waste of time, as we all know how these polls work and it was clear he was going to be unbanned the minute this post happened.

So let us go forward. When Utnayan inevitabely starts going crazy at another Bioware thread and starts calling me a shill because I bought it and said I like it, now in addition to that I have to worry that if he has a few beers he might try and escalate to RL threats. This is definitely going to keep me from integrating more on this forum in regards to Discord and things like that. It seems the threat was more than credible, especially given he has already talked/trolled about keeping binders on people and was a mod with more information on people than just a random user. Do you feel like this is me being unreasonable? I think I am far from the only person that will feel this way.

It was funny when Utnayan was joking about f-16 strikes, that was clearly not credible. Now he was making threats that he can carry out. That is something different. Hell, even now I'm probably getting put on one of his "lists".

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I understand, Z.

a_skeleton_03 was wrong. He was wrong to suspect me, he was wrong to interpret what I said as a threat, he was wrong to think I would ever make a threat to anyone here, let alone contact his employers. All that's on him, not me.
Jesus fucking christ. You are fucking insufferable.

It says something about your character to be even considered you piece of fucking shit

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Status
Not open for further replies.