Utopia

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Utopia

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2013-01-15

Creator: Dennis Kelly

Cast: Adeel Akhtar, Paul Higgins, Neil Maskell, Fiona O'Shaughnessy, Alexandra Roach, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Oliver Woollford, Alistair Petrie

Overview: The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. When a group of strangers find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.

spronk

FPS noob
looks awesome, I'll check it out. For those who don't like watching trailers looks like the show is about an unpublished comic book novel, an online forum whose members find a copy of it, and a mysterious group of people who will do anything to get their hands on it. omg its like FOH, except with good looking people!!

and a lot less trannies

Krag

Peasant
First episode was definitely good enough for me to keep watching, some whacky characters and conspiracies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks good. does anyone know if they renewed Dirk Gently: Holistic Detective? if so are there new episodes anytime soon?

Krag

Peasant
looks good. does anyone know if they renewed Dirk Gently: Holistic Detective? if so are there new episodes anytime soon?
I can't remember anything official, but Stephen Mangan said at some point that there wouldn't be any more episodes made.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can't remember anything official, but Stephen Mangan said at some point that there wouldn't be any more episodes made.
well thats a goddamned shame, if true. that show was the tits.

edit
yep , you're right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Ge...28TV_series%29
The show was not given a second series. On the 28th of May 2012, Stephen Mangan wrote on Twitter: "It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to report that the BBC have decided not to make any more Dirk Gently."[6]

Krag

Peasant
WTH! Edward Fox and Stephen Rea in a channel 4 prog, madness! Will download and watch asap.
I think it's James, and unfortunately (so far at least) neither gets much screen time. Hopefully that changes though, seems like too prominent a pair of actors to be cast for such small roles.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I stand corrected, I always get those two mixed up. Even though James is further down the totem pole it's still a pretty big catch for C4. The "other" sweary advisor from The Thick of It was a nice bonus as well. Anyways...

WTF did I just watch and when can I see some more?

Presumably Fox/Rea are part of the Kovaks (sp?) team. I was expecting the kid to be the one at the door at the end. That episode was fucking great in its surreality and indeed cinematography.

I like the curvy lass, until she speaks anyway, darn welsh accents!
tongue.png

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Thanks for recommending this. Totally enjoyed it.

And I found Fiona O'Shaughnessy super hot for some reason.

FYI series 2 starts next week.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Awesome!

digitalspy.com_sl said:
The start date for Utopia's second series has been announced by Channel 4.

The conspiracy thriller will open with a double bill over two nights on Monday, July 14 and Tuesday, July 15 at 10pm.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
[video=youtube;drh2HiEAj3c]
And now please derail this thread with a debate about why british TV shows are much better than US TV Shows - HBO Shows excluded, of course. Thank you.
They really aren't. I'm British and I have not owned a TV license (legally required to purchase if you watch TV as it is broadcast) for the last 3-4 years. I download everything and the overwhelming majority of the content is US TV drama.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a few british shows that are good.

Top Gear UK, Utopia, Mr. Selfridge (I don't know why I like this show so much. Must be Super Agent Ari Gold) and Orphan Black. That's the extent of my UK watching.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database