Utopia

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Never seen it before I read this thread the other day. Just finished it. Man, that is solid stuff. How can they cancel that? Sell it to the aussies or something. I want more. I don't have high hopes for the remake, but there is a little hope that I will try to forget exists so it doesn't grow.

MaulNutz_sl

shitlord
Just binge watched this show...wow its all kinds of fucked up and twisted which normally I find cheesy and childish but this show and Black Mirror really know how to wage some psychological warfare. The R B character is just so unique and masterfully executed, possibly the best 180 character arc ever? Such a shame this didn't get the ending it deserves but I think it confirms my theory that most people don't want to watch scary or disturbing stuff, they just want to be pretend scared for a moment then forget about it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just finished this. This show was really, really good. Cinematography was absolutely fantastic, very movie like. It had to be better or at least just as good as any TV show I can remember watching. The soundtrack was weird in a very good and, fitting way as well. End of season 2 got to be a little much to follow, but its a very minor criticism for a very good series. RB is an insane character! I am also not really surprised this was cancelled though, the morality is very grey the majority of the time & is extremely violent. All in all, I loved it. Definitely one of the more enjoyable series I have watched so far.

Sucks that the David Fincher & HBO couldn't work out a budget for the US remake. Would absolutely love to see him take an adaptation with how fantastic he is. His style is very fitting. If they can't pull him back in, hope they get someone else to do it at least.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Guess Amazon grabbed the US adaptation after HBO failed to do anything with it. Doesn't appear to have Fincher on board, but they brought in Gillian Flynn.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
12204-dQTHgka2IA8gFZ6aiB12CaxBR0b.jpg

Title: Utopia

Genre: Drama

Creator: Dennis Kelly

Cast: Adeel Akhtar, Paul Higgins, Neil Maskell, Fiona O'Shaughnessy, Alexandra Roach, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Oliver Woollford, Alistair Petrie

First aired: 2013-01-15

Overview: The Utopia Experiments is a legendary graphic novel shrouded in mystery. When a group of strangers find themselves in possession of an original manuscript, their lives suddenly and brutally implode.