V Rising

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Now in Act 2 and this is a pain in the ass. I'm finding that I get these bosses down to about half HP and I have to bail because they domed me with some ultimate or 2 patrols rolled him and started winging fire bombs. I am maxed on gear and potions but this shit is still stupid hard solo. I guess it is just a matter of finding the right spell/blood combo but I am just not very good at this with all the key variations.

Caliane

1.0 is going to have some major new content updates.

-ruins of mortium. new zone.
its a "conflict zone". " introduces dynamic conflict events."

-new editions to previous zones.

-cargo wagons. human merchants will travel the roads with precious loot.

-new light engine.

-3 new difficulty settings. relaxed, normal, brutal. unclear how this works with server settings.

-whips and bows.

-new dracula enemies.

-magic revamped again.

-spider form. burrows to be invis and hide from th sun/players.

-move castle.

-improved item managment ui.

-new castle decor.

-music player.

-dye system for armor.

-gamepad support.

-achievements, new music.

Less impressive. there is paid DLC for this full priced game. multiple packs with exclusive castle decorations, shapeshifting, etc options. there is a new castlevania one, which lets you shapeshift into maria.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I am glad I finally decided to give this game some time. I just wish I were not so bad at it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Bought the game when it first launched in EA. Played maybe an hour, knew I would like it, and decided for once I would wait until it was "finished". Glad I did, going into 1.0 fairly blind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I usually end up playing more as a caster as it's too easy to get hit with a big blow or out of position for a boss ultimate move as a pure melee. Shadowbolt/Chaos Bolt with Veil of Illusion as the travel skill. Ultimate depending on fight though Spectral Guardian is very useful in lots of situations. Nicholas the Fallen, the graveyard lich that spawns a million skellies i find to be one of the hardest bosses. The other bosses are very Dark Souls in that once you learn the pattern you keep range and dodge the major attacks you can walk through some fights with little damage.

The type and quality of blood you drink matters. A lot. Juice up on some high quality blood to really get those bonuses high.

I typically use reaper as my weapon and secondary with crossbow/pistol. Axes or mace can also be good to switch to in a fight as their special moves can also be used as a second travel skill.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It took me 3 times, I think, to kill Nick. Trying to kill Maja right now as she is the only one who provides something that might be helpful with progression. I have tried 4 or 5 times and have not really gotten close yet.

Caliane

ha. you guys going for that first playthrough right BEFORE full release is amusing.

maja iirc is best to just dps burn her. for pve reaper is typically OP. the spin attack just hits pve bosses multiple times. you can throw that shit, then also nuke with spells.
get up on top of her and dont stop.
sword spin to win, axe faster attack speed buff might also work well. axes are my go to if not reaper. nice large sweep. attack speed buff after. and throwing stun.

I also go caster focus. spells I swap around alot. favoring shorter CD typically. wolf skillshot is good.

iirc warrior/brute blood is best for a good long while, until you can get 100% sage blood.

Gear level is a direct reduction of damage taken, and inc damage done.

so yeah, get some 70+ brute blood, and take axes and go melee her down.

did you get iron yet? the reaper should be 44, and iron weapons along with it.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
ha. you guys going for that first playthrough right BEFORE full release is amusing.

maja iirc is best to just dps burn her. for pve reaper is typically OP. the spin attack just hits pve bosses multiple times. you can throw that shit, then also nuke with spells.
get up on top of her and dont stop.
sword spin to win, axe faster attack speed buff might also work well. axes are my go to if not reaper. nice large sweep. attack speed buff after. and throwing stun.

I also go caster focus. spells I swap around alot. favoring shorter CD typically. wolf skillshot is good.

iirc warrior/brute blood is best for a good long while, until you can get 100% sage blood.

Gear level is a direct reduction of damage taken, and inc damage done.

so yeah, get some 70+ brute blood, and take axes and go melee her down.

did you get iron yet? the reaper should be 44, and iron weapons along with it.

When I started playing, it was on whim. I had not been monitoring development, so I didn't know 1.0 was coming. It had just been sitting in my library for a while and I finally decided to try it out.

Yeah I am maxed on gear. I have gotten 90%-100% blood and tried lots of different weapon and spell combos and I think I am just not good enough. I watched one guy who beat her and he was just EATING her papercut spells over and over without any sort of mitigation. He didn't even start using his illusion until he was almost dead. Her was also using 0% blood. It makes me think that she has been buffed since being released.

I'm almost at the point of giving up. Maybe this style of game just aint my cup of tea.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
When I started playing, it was on whim. I had not been monitoring development, so I didn't know 1.0 was coming. It had just been sitting in my library for a while and I finally decided to try it out.

Yeah I am maxed on gear. I have gotten 90%-100% blood and tried lots of different weapon and spell combos and I think I am just not good enough. I watched one guy who beat her and he was just EATING her papercut spells over and over without any sort of mitigation. He didn't even start using his illusion until he was almost dead. Her was also using 0% blood. It makes me think that she has been buffed since being released.

I'm almost at the point of giving up. Maybe this style of game just aint my cup of tea.

Wait 3 weeks for full release and see if the new content gives you a boost of power with items/abilities or whatnot?

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Wait 3 weeks for full release and see if the new content gives you a boost of power with items/abilities or whatnot?

Yeah I might do that. It seems like the kind of game that would be way more enjoyable with a committed group.