Vacuum Cleaners

LaGSaLoT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oreck U2000RB-1 Commercial if you don't need any fancy adapters. That's what shop vacs are for imo. I have had mine for over 6 years now no problems at all. Have a blue heeler that sheds like crazy so we are vacuuming often. It automatically adjusts from carpet to laminate and tile. Only downside is that you need to buy bags but you can get them in bulk off amazon for about a buck a bag.

Oldbased

> Than U
I have the old DC39 I think it was and the Dyson v6( previous cordless model ).
Pretty sure that cordless v6 outdoes most corded vacs. Can only imagine the v8 is even better.
We used to have a rainbow for 20 years but after I bought a Dyson animal she stopped using the rainbow, and that rainbow is one she so often reminded me she paid a fortune for and was better than anything.
I'm fairly certain if she was to up and leave someday she would grab a bag of clothes, a handful of pictures, her mothers china and that dyson cordless vac. I think I'll bury her with the damn thing. She loves it that much.

That all said we bought all 3 dysons factory remanufactured at ~$200 each on different years. I couldn't imagine ever paying $600 for one.

Siliconemelons

That all said we bought all 3 dysons factory remanufactured at ~$200 each on different years. I couldn't imagine ever paying $600 for one.

Same, Grupon is your friend here.. they are "good" but not 500$+ good

As stated above, while not "the in thing" there are traditional vacs, hoover and whatnot that are historically great and last forever - they just are not fancy or look cool, but are still $$

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My wife purchased a dyson like 10 yrs ago. The thing was fucked. I dont know, maybe it was one of the original models and the bugs were not worked out yet, but the thing would clog constantly. It would smell like shit too, like old fucking socks. I finally figured out what the problem was when I found a youtube video how to clean it.

hqdefault.jpg

I would have to take the canister thing apart, unscrew everything and clean the little venturis out like once a year. Every time I did that only but one or two of the venturis were clogged and packed with shit. Paid over $700 for that fucker too. And its not like we had some dirty ass house either. We do have a couple of cats though, so IDK. I would of probably threw that fucker to the curb a long time ago if it wasnt for that price tag.So yeah, fuck dyson.

Last year we bought a shark and cant be happier. The thing was like $200, has way more suction, you can actually feel the power, and has not lost any yet. Should of dumped that dyson a long time ago.

Over the years we just got rid of carpet in our house, though. I refinished the hardwood floor that was underneath the carpet over the years and now we only have one room, our living room with fresh carpet. Other than that we have all hardwood floors with a few nice rugs here and there.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's so funny that 30 years ago everybody put carpet over their hardwood floors and replaced their painted cabinets with wood. Now everybody is tearing out their carpet to show the wood floors and painting their wood cabinets.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I've got a little oreck XL and it works great.

And yeah, carpet is fine until you have to replace it every 10 years. I expect that people got tired of cold ass feet in the morning. But now we have that fancy ass radiant heating, and it's mostly afforable.

People will start to carpet again when they realize that hardwood gets scuffed and it can be pricey as hell to fix it. Or... fuck it and just throw a rug on top of the gouges, I guess.

Oldbased

> Than U
It's so funny that 30 years ago everybody put carpet over their hardwood floors and replaced their painted cabinets with wood. Now everybody is tearing out their carpet to show the wood floors and painting their wood cabinets.
Can confirm. This is a majority of our business.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've got a little oreck XL and it works great.

And yeah, carpet is fine until you have to replace it every 10 years. I expect that people got tired of cold ass feet in the morning. But now we have that fancy ass radiant heating, and it's mostly afforable.

People will start to carpet again when they realize that hardwood gets scuffed and it can be pricey as hell to fix it. Or... fuck it and just throw a rug on top of the gouges, I guess.
Meh. Growing up we had all hardwood and dogs. Got it refinished once a decade or so.

Only complaint is less insulation to noise in the house without any carpet.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I do miss walking on carpet, but not the vacuuming. I just wear slippers all the time in the house now. I have become an advocate of vinyl over real tile in the kitchen though, even though I badly wanted to put tile in but couldn't because my floor flexes too much. The vinyl is warmer and softer and you can drop a plate without it being 100% guaranteed to break.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
If people are falling in love with their Roomba they're going to want to marry this thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user