Val (2021)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Val (2021)

Tagline: The life you live is the story you tell.

Genre: Documentary

Director: Leo Scott, Ting Poo

Cast: Val Kilmer, Jack Kilmer, Kevin Bacon, Sean Penn

Release: 2021-07-23

Runtime: 109

Plot: For over 40 years Val Kilmer, one of Hollywood’s most mercurial and/or misunderstood actors has been documenting his own life and craft through film and video. He has amassed thousands of hours of footage, from 16mm home movies made with his brothers, to time spent in iconic roles for blockbuster movies like Top Gun, The Doors, Tombstone, and Batman Forever. This raw, wildly original and unflinching documentary reveals a life lived to extremes and a heart-filled, sometimes hilarious look at what it means to be an artist and a complex man.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I remember watching Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau. In it, Vicki Valencourt mentions how much of a ficking asshple Val Kilmer was.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking forward to it. I remember years back when Top Gun 2 was announced and how much he wanted to be a part of it, occurring right after his throat cancer diagnosis/treatment.

I was glad he was able to act again, and I wish I would've seen him on set (note that I never got to see anyone on set, as the only day I was there it was during a break).

That video he released with his kids was hard to watch. But I guess that's life.

Anyway, he's probably one of the most consistently good actors that seems to be forgotten about often. But man is he in some of the funnest movies in the 80s and 90s.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Val has been in a LOT of great films. HIs portrayal of Jim Morrison was uncanny.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I remember watching Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau. In it, Vicki Valencourt mentions how much of a ficking asshple Val Kilmer was.
My buddy sold him a bunch of CDs at Tower Records back in the day. Said he was really nice to him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looking forward to it. I remember years back when Top Gun 2 was announced and how much he wanted to be a part of it, occurring right after his throat cancer diagnosis/treatment.

I was glad he was able to act again, and I wish I would've seen him on set (note that I never got to see anyone on set, as the only day I was there it was during a break).

That video he released with his kids was hard to watch. But I guess that's life.

Anyway, he's probably one of the most consistently good actors that seems to be forgotten about often. But man is he in some of the funnest movies in the 80s and 90s.

im out of the loop on his recovery. did his voice fully come back?

last i saw him he couldnt speak clearly for long periods and acting wasnt in the cards. he got his full voice back without defects?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

last i saw him he couldnt speak clearly for long periods and acting wasnt in the cards. he got his full voice back without defects?
I have no idea. All I know is he begged them to be a part of it and he's in it. Tom Cruise, Jennifer Connelly, Val Kilmer, and then all those young fuckers were for sure on site for the filming they did where I was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The voiceover in the trailer is his son.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The voiceover in the trailer is his son.

Weird because Michael Douglas sent him to his doctor and he got the same procedure. And Douglas voice made a full recovery.

I guess the situation was a little more dire for Val.

AFAIK he has some voice, but will likely be dubbed for Top Gun 2. Hollywood needs perfection in tone and delivery.

Sterling

El Presidente
val kilmer 80s GIF

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure Real Genius and Top Secret were when I first noticed him. And then in all the movies after. I remember distinctly being upset by him as the father in Alexander, but that movie was a f'n gay trainwreck from start to finish.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database