Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
While solo is not as fun, i find it's good for the learning of what's going on. Logging in to see a full base and wonder what's where and what to do and how is overwhelming. Pley solo for a bit, craft a bit, build a bit then join a server :)

It's that plus I don't just want someone to hand me a full set of daedric armor. Part of the fun of these games is the building and the progression itself. If I catch up or if the server resets it might be more fun. I do want to play multi-player but not if it means essentially using the equivalent of a game genie to skip to the last level.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's that plus I don't just want someone to hand me a full set of daedric armor. Part of the fun of these games is the building and the progression itself. If I catch up or if the server resets it might be more fun. I do want to play multi-player but not if it means essentially using the equivalent of a game genie to skip to the last level.
And here I was gonna hand you tier 4 wolf armor, huntsman's bow, bronze axe and a karve. FINE. See if I try being nice again. So ungrateful.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I logged in and found some fort and messed around and took a few carrots but I have no idea what I'm doing. I might play single player for a bit in order to learn.
Sounds like you probably found my base which is close by the starting spawn point to the north. You are, of course, welcome to use the facilities as you please, and you're welcome to grab up to half the carrots or turnips if theyre ready, 3 or 4 pigs if you need meat. and you can clean out the 6 hives too. Make a note on the map of any mushrooms etc that you find so you can come back to harvest them each time they respawn. Note that 1 mushroom and 3 carrots makes carrot soup in the cauldron, and 1 meat and 3 turnips makes turnip stew, both good foods for you. There's a decent mushroom spawn nearby up the road that goes out the west gate, and there's a cauldron inside my house you can use. Note- the turnips cant be eaten raw- theyre only useful to you for making turnip stew or feeding the pigs so dont bother with them if you dont want to do either of those for game-purity reasons.

NB- Please do not modify the terrain or cut trees inside my walls or anywhere within sight of my walls- I want to keep the look. Anywhere beyond sight of my walls, feel free. At the other end of the west road is one of my old mining bases which has significant facilities. You're welcome to take that over as your own if you wish and do what you want with it as long as you dont mess with the road, just watch out for the big-ass holes in the ground from my mining... :p

NB Again- the starting island has 4 arms on it, basically. I occupy the north arm (although you can share if you want within the requested limits), a friend of mine occupies the west arm, and we have two people based at the entrance to the south arm. The east arm is entirely virgin territory for the meadows and black forest there, including at least two queen bees that I left alone, so its a good place to set up your own base to make entirely your own if you like. Especially make a point of getting those two queens for making honey.

Let me know if you want a cultivator to start growing your own carrots and turnips- I can make one and leave it for you somewhere.

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm not really based down there, more like lazy and haven't moved portals. I can take out the stone if someone wants to use the area.

I'm on the big island to the south, has the 5 main biomes, a big lake in the middle, no one seems to go there yet.

its-my-island-yup.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
very respectable, first time i played i joined a friend of a friends server, they were not far in but i did not want any of their things, nor did i want to pick through their chests. I wanted to figure out how to do everything and earn it. Also, joining a server that has been around a while makes for more boring exploration as there is no respawn in crypts etc... so if you get excited and find one on a server people are on, chances are, it's been picked clean.
If that's what makes you happy, then do Solo man, you can always jump onto a server. your progress is taken with you, meaning anything you have on your person travels with you.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
very respectable, first time i played i joined a friend of a friends server, they were not far in but i did not want any of their things, nor did i want to pick through their chests. I wanted to figure out how to do everything and earn it. Also, joining a server that has been around a while makes for more boring exploration as there is no respawn in crypts etc... so if you get excited and find one on a server people are on, chances are, it's been picked clean.
If that's what makes you happy, then do Solo man, you can always jump onto a server. your progress is taken with you, meaning anything you have on your person travels with you.
Respectable indeed. Again, the east arm of the starter island is untouched (except for the *cough*mountain*), including the dungeons so you can have the full beginner experience there, unimpeded. :)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Heads up to anyone playing on my FoHGuild Server. It's coming down on May 14th 2021.

DM me with any questions.

• 2Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I've been on a friends server the past few days. He saw my walls at my Cynical server base and got jealous so he built this on his own server, working to surround the entire plains biome and possibly the island.
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.00.27.png
Along with what looks like an industrial mining conveyor belt between two lighthouse fires on the edge of the shallows in front of the wall.
So naturally I told him thats not how you build a lighthouse and anyway this whole area should be a harbor. So I built this-
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.00.13.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.01.06.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.01.21.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.01.49.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 23.03.13.png
Screenshot 2021-04-24 22.41.19.png

You will note its decorated in the correct colour for a harbor-mouth light(house) on that side and will have a matching tower extending from the wall my friend built done in green to complete the pair. Because I like details.

And I feel I would be remiss if I didnt point out that its also taller than his walls... :p

• 9Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 11 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Killed the deer boss. Got full set of leather armor, bow with flint arrows, tower shield, flint axe, tons of shrooms, berries, and cooked meat and then built my first raft. I sailed across the lake to the Black Forest and run up against a group of 4 Greydwarfs that are red and have stars next to their names. I had the last one down to 1 hit and he kills me.

Now all my shit including my raft is on the other side of the english channel. fml.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Killed the deer boss. Got full set of leather armor, bow with flint arrows, tower shield, flint axe, tons of shrooms, berries, and cooked meat and then built my first raft. I sailed across the lake to the Black Forest and run up against a group of 4 Greydwarfs that are red and have stars next to their names. I had the last one down to 1 hit and he kills me.

Now all my shit including my raft is on the other side of the english channel. fml.
4.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Use normal shield, parry > a little more dmg block. Don't go places without a recovery plan, namely i didn't boat anywhere until i could make portals.

Proper stamina management kiting will allow you to kill beyond your paygrade if patient with arrows.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Use normal shield, parry > a little more dmg block. Don't go places without a recovery plan, namely i didn't boat anywhere until i could make portals.

Proper stamina management kiting will allow you to kill beyond your paygrade if patient with arrows.
Also if anyone needs help with shit let me know and I'll come push some shit in. Pretty bored.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I drunkenly tried to sail to the edge of the map a second time a few days ago, I haven't been motivated to login since my corpse so far away.

Not sure why I brought all my shit with me, when I was planning on doing a "Luuummmmiiiieeeee waaaaaas rigggghhhht!" off the edge of the map.

I'll keep the server up as long as people are interested, or even better, a new content patch comes along.

• 2Worf

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Between yesterday and today (sunday/monday) got a full mountain base deployed, 6 silver veins cleared out, and a 1-star wolf in the process of become about 8 1-star wolves. Tomorrow (later today, shaddap!) I'll see about trying to get 3 of them home on my longship to upgrade my 0-star wolves there.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I noticed the banthas say frightened when close enough. Wonder if you can tame them now.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I thought you could already tame them, they just don't do anything, no breeding. I've never tried tho.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I thought you could already tame them, they just don't do anything, no breeding. I've never tried tho.
I have. You can tame them, but as was stated, they dont do anything so there's currently no point. I look forward to someone trying to build an auto-breeder for them when they can breed... :p