Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Caliane

I even found a nice spot with 3 copper nodes within like 100ft of each other. and built a forward camp with tables to repair at. but even that, the constant repairing while mining is a giant pain in the ass.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm on the Bandwagon.

Any servers for super casual plebs? Don't want to take up a slot if they're usually just a few people

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I know nothing of renting servers, but some peeps I know want one....you guys recommend a place?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's the progression supposed to be after bronze and the deer boss? I've found like 5 altars but they all summon the deer boss and I don't have any use for him anymore.

I sailed to a swamp and was promptly destroyed by leeches and drauger.

The mark for "the elder" on my map is so far away I think it'd take a literal hour of running there, is that the end boss?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The next boss is the "Elder" (notice the five stones where you start out and hang the tropies, they're ordered by progression). Bronze is after the deer boss because you can't crush rocks without the Antler pickaxe.

it kinda goes
Leather armor from meadows -> deer boss -> bronze armor from black forest -> elder (location revealed in burial grounds)-> iron armor -> third boss (location revealed in sunken crypts) -> that's where we are at.

If you are tiring at the bronze age, remember to use all your new tools. You got a cart now which allows you to carry basicially infinite amounts of bronze and tin ore with you. Try having at least two smelters in your base, better three. If you pre-make lots of coal every time you jump back to your base to repair and rest you shouldn't run out when you finally return with 120 tin 240 copper.

are you all playing solo? we are a team of 3 regulars and like three more casual drop ins, and even though that means we need to mine like crazy to outfit everyone, by sharing work we got through it. There's people who enjoy mining more, and others hunt infinity meat while that happens.

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
I've tried it.

Mind fucking blown. I love the graphics though, it'll chase away all those people who are after glam and beauty and not the playability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I really need to start playing this and setting up my server.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1613385309942.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider
it changes the graphics?

No, the graphics are okay, but I have two co-workers at work, who both said "You can see pixels, it's not beautiful at all, I wouldn't touch it with a stick"
I mean, they are okay for me. I could still enjoy playing EverQuest in 2021, even if it's not ultra details, real life-like etc.

I loved the sunrises and sundowns, the fog, nights, sometimes towers glow with this eerie light.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's a unique art style, you don't see pixels. You see objects that look like pixels.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Died in black forest, ran naked like a banshee in the dark to recover gear.

Excellent time!

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm playing this with my two older kids (15 & 10) and it's a blast. The 10 year old is holding up surprisingly well, but she learned about kiting people from playing some kind of capture the flag game in Roblox. She can even jump bow kite, but it's more like she just jumps all the time from habit. I don't think it actually helps in this game. Her jump level is like twice mine.

We're going to mine copper and tin today since it's a snow day. I may get my 7 year old going with this, but I think it would be a whine fest.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think I burned out on the bronze grind. carted another 38 copper back. baby sat the smelter for a bit.. upgraded like 1 item..
then decided to take a break, and update my dock a bit. was a quant wooden dock with cattails, etc.. though, lets make proper seawall futher out.
and, then realized how much stone I was going to need to mine to finish it. and just lost all interest. I think I'm done for now.

The values on that shit seems off. like Terraria is largely exploration and fighting, the actual mining aspects are much quicker, with higher yields. The TIN in this game works for example. each node giving like 3 tin. nice and easy. copper shit. mine down, half the node when broken seem to give 1 or less... tool upgrades don't speed things up enough.

Yeah the copper is way out of whack with the tin.

The mining in my opinion isn't the worst part, it's the smelting. That part is awful.

Bronze sucks in that respect because you have a 3 to 1 ratio versus everything else.

It was hindsight for me, and maybe you already know. There is more copper underneath the surface node. Also a trick, in which you mine out the bottom, chunk a piece of the floating top remaining, and it'll come crashing down. Works on some rocks too.

As for smelting, if you load your furnaces at nigh, and sleep. You'll wake up with it done instantly. Bit harder to do on a populated server, but yeah.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Global illumination works very well in this game. The bloom is a bit too much for my tastes, but it's such a minor thing.
1613414809503.png

Join us on the FoH server I rented
IP: 148.72.171.44:28301
PW: (DM me here for the password)

Got a few on there already. 🙂

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be honest, the fact that the fohserver is basically a solved game with that complete base is a bit of a deterrent for me.