Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
The AA used seems bad, too blurry for my taste. FXAA ?
Turned it off, the game looks better to me.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be honest, the fact that the fohserver is basically a solved game with that complete base is a bit of a deterrent for me.

Solved? I've barely done anything in the game. I'm up to iron just about. It may not be for you, but being able to create a project with others (ie FoH people) is something that's a good thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
A young Bandwagon reaches the sacred halls of Casa de FOH for the first time...
1613423583105.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll give it a second look. I joined the server for the first time within like 2 hours of your initial post and I saw this giant mansion with protected chests everywhere and was like "what's there to do..."

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll give it a second look. I joined the server for the first time within like 2 hours of your initial post and I saw this giant mansion with protected chests everywhere and was like "what's there to do..."

I appreciate you giving it a second look. I just figured it would be more fun to have a server for us that we can work on various projects together.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey McFly McFly , if you hook me up with an iron pickaxe, does a bunch of crafting stuff unlock and give me the ability to repair the pickaxe too?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Honestly, this game, while not graphically intense, does everything right and looks amazing at times.

Yah, if you can figure out how the fuck to build houses. Here's mine so far.

20210215212810_1.jpg

20210215212826_1.jpg

20210215212832_1.jpg

Oh, what's that you say?

You wanna see the inside?

20210215212903_1.jpg

I just started about an hour ago. But shit. And there was one time where I put down a bunch'a doors thinking that they were walls.

• 4Worf
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 335385

View attachment 335386
View attachment 335387

Oh, what's that you say?

View attachment 335388

I just started about an hour ago. But shit. And there was one time where I put down a bunch'a doors thinking that they were walls.

lol

One you get the hand of it, you can really throw some awesome things together. The biggest thing is to build the frame first just like a real house and anchor it into the ground. For tallet structures ('ve seen 4 levels) use the iron supports. I've down three levels with the wood ones only so far. Good fun.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Hey McFly McFly , if you hook me up with an iron pickaxe, does a bunch of crafting stuff unlock and give me the ability to repair the pickaxe too?
I think that you'll have the ability to craft new things once you mine/gather whatever new mat the tool unlocks and you'll have to use an appropriate level workbench/forge to repair so if McFly makes you a tool or weapon you'll have to use his benches until you gather enough to make one of your own and upgrade it to that level

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 335385

View attachment 335386
View attachment 335387

Oh, what's that you say?

View attachment 335388

the big thing I see you're missing is that there's two different types of roof, 26° and 45° angles. And you're mixing them up. My friends did that as well with their first big house and it resulted in that abomination I posted earlier with the leaky roof. They stacked two levels of roof over roof to minimize the exposed area.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that 4m poles with core wood are a thing for me, I'm starting a new house between mountains and swamp

1613456963472.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
3/2 Smelter/Kiln

Full stacks of wood, and ore both consumed. Cart holds all the mats. Drive by smelting is the only way.

The cart and ships are both essential tools for mining.

Powersmelting.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Had a setback tonight, my pc had a hard lockup and after a lot of troubleshooting we lost 48 hours of time on our dedicated server. Thankfully that was just a couple of us farming and building and nothing too substantial. I lost my new dock but at least I got a picture of it. Nothing like some of the crazy creations but it was fun/frustrating to build :)

unknown.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
To dispose of unwanted items and old shit, I like the watery grave option. I sail out to open ocean, and ceremoniously chuck it.