Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My new base on the FoH server. Was fun finding the right spot. 🙂

View attachment 335017

Really like this setup, is this in meadows, so no chance of trolls coming up and smashing it? Dock seems super shallow for bad weather too, but worth it for how nice it looks.

After my PC issue causing a rollback on our server, I'm considering just renting one for a couple months, who'd you go with and how is that going so far?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Really like this setup, is this in meadows, so no chance of trolls coming up and smashing it? Dock seems super shallow for bad weather too, but worth it for how nice it looks.

After my PC issue causing a rollback on our server, I'm considering just renting one for a couple months, who'd you go with and how is that going so far?
Yea actually I meant to give McFly McFly kudos for his setup & organization. I know people on Reddit have some crazy castles and shit, but McFly's setup is way more organized than I've ever been in a game like this and it actually feels like a cool little campus in a tropical coastal place.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Well, I've seen a troll horde raid a nearby base, and I've had my base raided by a horde of Draugr and Greydwarfs at the same time. So yeah, not all *that* peaceful, lol.

With the delay of New World not happening until August, I'm happy I can spend some time with Valheim to build and explore. 🙂

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the raids (forest is stirring) are based on which bosses have been defeated in the world. It wasn't until we killed the 3rd boss that we started getting Draugr's in them. And it was likely the 1st or 2nd boss before trolls appeared.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've killed 2 of them so far, but I'm so engrossed in building, that the next is something Ill consider when I'm not building. Lol, weird how this game makes building feel very organic. 😊

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is it possible to create custom map markers in this? If so, can other people on the server see it?

If not, what building/action ends up creating a map marker to show you where your "base" is? I found McFly's base because someone had a map marker on the map.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I love the map labelling feature. I just scout around and see what the deal is
1613510504642.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Double left click to add personal marker, select the marker base from the bottom right of map. Use middle mouse to "Ping" to your entire server a temporarily like 10 second marker everyone can see. So you can be like "I have a copper node here" then ping your own marked map spot and they can mark that spot themselves as well.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The left click the node to put an X through it, indicating it's cleared or mined etc. Simple and functional. 🙂

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The left click the node to put an X through it, indicating it's cleared or mined etc. Simple and functional. 🙂
My daughter goes to bed in 5 hours.

You going to have a beach bar set up for us by then or what?! Maybe we can get Utnayan Utnayan in there singing some drunken karaoke

• 1Truth!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I'm ready to build a proper big boy base. Suggestions on style? I'm all about functionally.

Close to water? Distance from other zones?

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I'm ready to build a proper big boy base. Suggestions on style? I'm all about functionally.

Close to water? Distance from other zones?
We built our omega base right at the Trophy start basically. Meadows has the least amount of bullshit to fuck you over and easy to defend. We were also close to water but not directly on it so you'd have to cart ore shipments, but it was fine. Also meadows meant it was VERY easy to plant and regrow trees for the constant wood supply.

Our base was just a two story base probably 9 by 9 and I dug to just above water level and built up earth around the edges and surrounded it by spike traps so anyone that came near the roof to attack it died pretty quickly. Top floor was all portals with some of the more common ones on the bottom, big hearth with stone supports in the middle for food, and forge/bench next to each other in one corner. The whole opposite side of the room from the portals were marked and shelved chests for goods. Basically you'd spawn in on your bed in a back room, walk out, go to food chest, eat that shit, grab a frost pot if you needed, then hop in the portal and be on your way. It was very compact but unless 5+ people were sorting items from harvesting it was never too crowded.

Edit: Had a clip showing it but Twitch is a huge piece of shit with clips lately.

Last edited: