Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
you lose 5%, and that's quite a lot in the higher skill areas.

But what mobs can oneshot you through what shield? Only Fagling berserkers come to mind, if at all.
Think I nearly got one shot by a 2-star Draugr with a bow? While blocking (I thought with a bronze shield?). Unless it was right on the edge of me bringing my shield up

Yeah, furgling with a spear as well, I think.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Think I nearly got one shot by a 2-star Draugr with a bow? While blocking (I thought with a bronze shield?). Unless it was right on the edge of me bringing my shield up

Yeah, furgling with a spear as well, I think.
Bronze shield doesn’t have very high block power. An iron shield almost doubles it if memory serves. 2 star mobs also hit almost twice as hard as 0 star. Even in full t5 upgraded armor 2 star fuhlings hit me for over 60 hp.

Pickaxe then shield were my first crafts for every tier (mostly shield since there isn’t another pickax after iron).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
can boat parking get fucked up by storms, or wind? do I need to be careful about beaching boats, or surrounding with docks?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
can boat parking get fucked up by storms, or wind? do I need to be careful about beaching boats, or surrounding with docks?
Boats don’t move laterally once they’ve completely stopped moving (like if you jump off with the sails out it will continue to move for a bit) but they do move on the Z axis with the waves so mind how deep the water is where you park.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bronze shield doesn’t have very high block power. An iron shield almost doubles it if memory serves. 2 star mobs also hit almost twice as hard as 0 star. Even in full t5 upgraded armor 2 star fuhlings hit me for over 60 hp.

Pickaxe then shield were my first crafts for every tier (mostly shield since there isn’t another pickax after iron).
Bronze Buckler has 2x parry bonus though and therefore blocks better on parries than the banded shield

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
In my boat doing my three dragon egg delivery. *sweats*

• 1Worf

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
fml

1615750762572.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Three eggs for .. Modor? How do you have some of those weapons w/o tears?
Yes! Modor buff is best buff!

Unrelated but:
What this game really needs is a rebalance on 2h weapons... they are just way too weak vs 1h when you consider that you are giving up a shield.
Maybe up the parry bonus significantly for a greater risk greater reward style?

Daidraco

I was really just trying to figure out why he was killing Modor...again?

But ya, I could add a laundry list of changes to this game to make it more balanced. Not easier mind you, but some tiers just dont feel like they have enough weight. I felt like I spent only a few hours total in Iron armor in comparison to Bronze Armor. Wolf Armor just as long as Bronze simply because of how long it takes to grow enough Flax to get into Padded.

But overall, the game is great and Id rather them not change a thing concerning the difficulty. Far too many people complain on Reddit etc. about it being too hard and thats the exact opposite of what I want to happen.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
M down. Easier than Bonemass imo. Just need to clear a good open space for Moder

1615756909093.png

• 1Like

Daidraco

Yea, I was a bit disappointed in the difficulty of Moder. I guess its more cause you have very few ways you can cheese him/her. I had a renovated castle that we stole from skeletons nearby that we ran to. She demolished that f'n place and it was about all stone. When she deleted that, I just went outside and started shooting her like the Drakes. Side stepping etc.

Bonemass on the other hand, even cheesing him by getting higher than he could reach still took forever to kill him. Couldnt even get close to his ass either, between his poisons, slime and his melee attack.. I couldnt stay in range of him for more than a few seconds. As a solo player, feels like I would HAVE to cheese him. Yagluth is a f'n light show though, so good luck on that.

• 1Seriously?

Daidraco

This is by far the craziest shit Ive seen in Valheim so far.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
My wife and I cheesed both.

Moder you dig a tunnel and cover the top, he can only attack horizontally when on the ground, so you shoot arrows straight up. When he flies up, you los under the floor and he won't do breath attacks if he can't see you. Definitely doable legitimately however, shit was easy.

Bonemass you do the height thing and use frost arrows.

Had a tougher time with mosquitos than either.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I didn't cheese moder and it wasn't very hard. Just come prepared

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users