Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can't you just jump servers as much as you want taking anything you have in your personal inventory with you? Like DayZ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't you just jump servers as much as you want taking anything you have in your personal inventory with you? Like DayZ?

Yes, you can transfer all your stuff to a fresh server by just logging back and forth with overloaded inventory if you want. The only thing that may not be transferable, is the boss trophy you hang on the stone for the buff (I never tried to remove it).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I cheat and use my personal server with my smelters to mine than server hop to forge shit to avoid long ass ship rides and serpents.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I cheat and use my personal server with my smelters to mine than server hop to forge shit to avoid long ass ship rides and serpents.

When I was still playing I cheated in a similar way. I'd find and mine all the silver ore on a mountain, count it all up, leave it there, then go back to home base and console command that amount of ore.

They really need to overhaul the inventory system a bit, it's my only real gripe with the game. Only being able to carry one full stack of ore before becoming overweight, even with the trader's belt, is stupid. And the carts are awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm doing the solo experience. Nervous boating trips full of ore.

Right now I'm setting up my final forward base complete with maxed out tables. So I can rape and pillage my way through the plains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I sort of wish they put in server-bound characters in a future update. So if/when we do a fresh start there won't be any shortcuts like that available. We have a friend of a friend on our server who probably used some console commands in single-player and used server-hopping to get resources over.

I don't mind it a whole lot since he built a big-ass castle up in the mountains that we don't visit often so it doesn't really affect the rest of us all that much. I appreciated getting a little bit of a boost from their resources (like a wolf cloak for our first foray into the mountains) but I feel it was much more rewarding to earn things ourselves and learn on our own. They later went to the plains to build a base and got their shit pushed in for a while because they hadn't been challenged up to that point.

rad

Lord of Guk
I sort of wish they put in server-bound characters in a future update. So if/when we do a fresh start there won't be any shortcuts like that available. We have a friend of a friend on our server who probably used some console commands in single-player and used server-hopping to get resources over.

I don't mind it a whole lot since he built a big-ass castle up in the mountains that we don't visit often so it doesn't really affect the rest of us all that much. I appreciated getting a little bit of a boost from their resources (like a wolf cloak for our first foray into the mountains) but I feel it was much more rewarding to earn things ourselves and learn on our own. They later went to the plains to build a base and got their shit pushed in for a while because they hadn't been challenged up to that point.

Yep - if you want the full experience DO NOT use this method.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
suck it, trolls

1615834798377.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Thats sorta what we did in the plains. We originally just made a moat, but the spear chuckers were still f'n shit up but not often. Later, a Lox got caught down in the moat and we didnt pay attention to it. Next thing we know two more were down there and crawled on each other and got out into the base. We didnt know that happened, went outside to collect flax/barley and the m'f one shot us cause we hadnt ate and fucked us up, the buildings up etc. So we went back, ate, killed them, then made a ring of raised soil all the way around the base (as if it was a wall itself) and thats worked far better than anything else.

To be fair, there is a bunch of shit they could do to fix the cheating methods, or unintended work arounds that people have came up with. Locking champs to the server they start on would be fine (forcing people to make a character for that server only). Hell, the wall method I used in the plains is a bit cheezy too and wouldnt care if they actually made it so enemies could scale soil walls like characters can. But I can only expect so much out of a 5 person team that probably has more money than theyve made their entire life at this point. That is, if its not all funded by one sole person like Ashes of Creation is etc.

• 2Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I have to say that I’m not loving mining for silver with that stupid wishbone. First part of the loop I’m just not into. I already ventured out into the plains and feel like pretty much skipping the mountains once I get the necessities. Fully geared iron so far was fine in the plains anyway (thanks I’m sure to some dark souls honed rolling).

Daidraco

Considering Padded needs flax and Iron iirc.. Mountain biome kinda is skippable. Especially if you're good at stamina usage and kiting w/bow against Fulings. Shaman spells are slow enough to dodge, as well. Skeeters dont really do shit if you just block/parry their attacks. Its when Fulings are swarming you and a skeeter or two joins in that shit gets a whole lot quicker to the "oh fk" moment.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Considering Padded needs flax and Iron iirc.. Mountain biome kinda is skippable. Especially if you're good at stamina usage and kiting w/bow against Fulings. Shaman spells are slow enough to dodge, as well. Skeeters dont really do shit if you just block/parry their attacks. Its when Fulings are swarming you and a skeeter or two joins in that shit gets a whole lot quicker to the "oh fk" moment.
You gotta at least find the rune for Moder and three eggs, but yeah, silver is the most skippable tier at this point. I imagine the tiers and equipment will get fleshed out as development progresses. Some crafting tables only craft a single item if they craft anything at all.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
We've gotten shit drop rates on drake trophies so will definitely be skipping silver-tier on helmets. Got pretty good luck with silver veins close together on the first mountain we explored so it wasn't that bad for us. And getting it all off the mountain was easy since you can load it all up in a cart and gravity will help you get it all down.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We've gotten shit drop rates on drake trophies so will definitely be skipping silver-tier on helmets. Got pretty good luck with silver veins close together on the first mountain we explored so it wasn't that bad for us. And getting it all off the mountain was easy since you can load it all up in a cart and gravity will help you get it all down.
Drake trophies are definitely not common. I don’t remember how many I killed before I got two, but it couldn’t have been less than 20.

Daidraco

We killed about 30-40 for just the two trophies. I was lucky cause the g/f liked her merchant light helm better than armor (especially since she runs away from basically everything lul).

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Funny, for me it has been the opposite. The first drake I killed dropped a trophy and the second one dropped 5-10 later. The helmet is likely one of the pieces I will leave the mountains with. Got one more egg to find. ..