Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Speaking of serpents, imagine my surprise harvesting a barnacle on a long distance scouting trip. That's no rock, and I fucking drowned. Fuck serpents too, fuck that was a shitty CR. Fuck, Fuck fuck fucking fuck.

I love this fucking game.

Fuck.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh nothing to worry, at least they don't kick like moss snakes.
1615848716806.png

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is going to be one of those games like Eve that I love reading about and watching videos of crazy shit people do but I’ve never played it.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This game is crazy. A buddy and me started a server a couple of weeks ago and we’ve only killed The Elder. I think day 101 passed last night.

There’s just so much stuff to get distracted by or build or explore or fight or investigate... There’s literally always something fun to do and it never feels tedious.

We just started exploring swamps and he’s already off building our third harbor. He wants a harbor on every landmass we discover, lmao. He also loves farming carrots and turnips, so it’s easy-mode for me.

I’m the muscle bc I’ve yet to die in the game and he dies about 4x a session.

And it's not like I don't have better things to do. There’s a PS5 in my living room still in the box bc I don’t want to open it until we’re done w Valheim.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I sort of wish they put in server-bound characters in a future update. So if/when we do a fresh start there won't be any shortcuts like that available. We have a friend of a friend on our server who probably used some console commands in single-player and used server-hopping to get resources over.

I don't mind it a whole lot since he built a big-ass castle up in the mountains that we don't visit often so it doesn't really affect the rest of us all that much. I appreciated getting a little bit of a boost from their resources (like a wolf cloak for our first foray into the mountains) but I feel it was much more rewarding to earn things ourselves and learn on our own. They later went to the plains to build a base and got their shit pushed in for a while because they hadn't been challenged up to that point.
It doesn't even require alternate servers to do things like that. Mods in this game (eg a 100x drop rate in this case) are done client side and work against a 100% vanilla server. Or like a mod that lets you plant resources you normally can't plant can be done with client side mods.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished the great hall. Took half a day O_O.

great-hall.PNG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
While farming goblin villages I lucked out and found the location stone for the final boss. Nice and close spawn too. Armor and weapons are max and now I just need to get my pots and food ready.

Everything's coming up Odinhouse!

Edit:

Screenshot_20210319-081903_Steam.jpg

More than worth the price.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I haven't even killed the Elder yet, LOL!

You could even say that I'm...hooked.png :ravvenn::ravvenn::ravvenn::ravvenn:

1616157559778.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The need to log in and play at every single free moment is now slowly waning

1616158215577.png

main two reasons:
my favorite server is offline and my friends have stopped playing.
I've built everything I can think of. Including insane bridges across mountains on iron poles.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I came back for a bit. but really am just struggling to like this.

killed elder, then went searching for swamps. east, north, east, north, south on foot for days, nothing. Hopped on a boat and went sailing. found some eventually.. put up a basecamp/teleport, and spent some time exploring it. no dungeon. packed up, and went sailing again. found one quickly this time at least. set up another base camp. and explored it. a Dungeon. good. spend days mining/hauling the iron out. a good haul. like 100-120ish.. sail it back... and craft like 1 item before running out. (exaggeration, was actually an axe, forge upgrades, and room for 1 more iirc. need to decide pick, bow, or armor)
check online, going to need 1200 iron to build 1 of everything that uses iron.. sigh.. I did see another swamp while sailing the iron back. but damn this game feels more like a chore more often then it should.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Well maybe you got a bad seed. There are swamps full with crypts, I just saw a reddit post with 31 crypts on a small swamp.
Just look on r/valheimseeds, maybe you will find a good seed with lots of iron.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users