Valheim - Viking Survival Game (Early Access)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
did you literally raise islands from the sea?
Used to be 3 little bits sticking out of water, central one had like 2 trees. There's another spot on water to north that is similar, but they just bits of land sticking out.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is pretty funny how the game generates greydwarf spawns where no land was before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It is pretty funny how the game generates greydwarf spawns where no land was before.
Anything that can spawn in those biomes will spawn too. I thought boars needed bushes nearby, but nope. Seen everything that spawns for meadows so far, trolls/dwarfs for forest. Had ideas for a leech farm for swamp base, but never got around to it.

If it wasn't obvious, raids never actually happen on central island, they just time out. I've gotten some weird and nasty dwarf spawns on islands though, it's a little patch of forest, but I've gotten big swarms twice now that just appear out of nowhere, not just the typical 3.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Anything that can spawn in those biomes will spawn too. I thought boars needed bushes nearby, but nope. Seen everything that spawns for meadows so far, trolls/dwarfs for forest. Had ideas for a leech farm for swamp base, but never got around to it.

If it wasn't obvious, raids never actually happen on central island, they just time out. I've gotten some weird and nasty dwarf spawns on islands though, it's a little patch of forest, but I've gotten big swarms twice now that just appear out of nowhere, not just the typical 3.
Put some camp fires in a place where they must travel. You’re welcome ❤️

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Minor patch this morning.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like that change. But most of the armors in the game are heavy, arent they? Brass, Iron, Wolf and Padded for example. I really wish they had different attributes, more so than just +armor.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well there is troll armor, and there might be an upgraded armor to that in the upcoming mistlands

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
All my gaming time got swallowed up when the weather got nice and now I'm wondering if its going to be boring (and playing solo) by the time I jump back in. Hoping these guys work fast and keep people playing. I'd love to see them able to support more players on a single server too.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All my gaming time got swallowed up when the weather got nice and now I'm wondering if its going to be boring (and playing solo) by the time I jump back in. Hoping these guys work fast and keep people playing. I'd love to see them able to support more players on a single server too.
A lot of people I know have stopped playing simply because we've all beat Yag and there is nothing left to work towards. Building is neat, but an afterthought for a lot of people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
A lot of people I know have stopped playing simply because we've all beat Yag and there is nothing left to work towards. Building is neat, but an afterthought for a lot of people.
That’s my current situation. I logged out while sailing to Yag a couple weeks ago and haven’t logged back in. I’ll definitely revisit the game at some point.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Its weird. For me this has become a "lifestyle" game par excellence. I grow some crops. Build and decorate. Wander around getting food and resources. Right now I have an entire continent that I pretty much own (due to strategic placement of Crafting tables and strongholds). Built a cool castle and dock. Upgraded all my equipment. Still have to kill the final boss but I'm not that worried about it. I simply enjoy tooling about and exploring, going on "missions" I make up myself. Bar interesting NPCs is kind of like my version of Animal Crossing. I have 100+ hours in the game and don't see it slowing. I think of Viking life when I'm working and as a drift off to sleep.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Its weird. For me this has become a "lifestyle" game par excellence. I grow some crops. Build and decorate. Wander around getting food and resources. Right now I have an entire continent that I pretty much own (due to strategic placement of Crafting tables and strongholds). Built a cool castle and dock. Upgraded all my equipment. Still have to kill the final boss but I'm not that worried about it. I simply enjoy tooling about and exploring, going on "missions" I make up myself. Bar interesting NPCs is kind of like my version of Animal Crossing. I have 100+ hours in the game and don't see it slowing. I think of Viking life when I'm working and as a drift off to sleep.
Man, I envy you. I've been looking for that game that feels 'real' to me, you know? I like this game, but it doesn't scratch that itch for me. Glad it does for you. Enjoy the ride.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or maybe it's just that your co-players are more dedicated to mining than you are ;)
nah that's exactly what happened. I mined out the entire mountain. There's even massive scaffolding all over the mountain to make running around easier.